DARPA Scientist-Engineer 8/9/2016
Electronic Consulting Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ECS Federal, LLC (ECS) is seeking a DARPA Scientist-Engineer to work in our Arlington, VA office.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is contingent upon contract win.
The successful candidate will provide support for the successful execution of existing and new Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) programs, and related technologies in the area of circuits. Programs in this area are focused on novel methods of designing and fabricating advanced circuits in support of DoD missions. This includes design tools that enable high performance electronics to be designed and fabricated at time scales that are a fraction of conventional approaches today. Also included are novel integration technologies for creating advanced electronics. Programs in this area span both electronics and photonics circuits. Beyond performance, reliability and timeliness of circuit design, technologies which enable the protection of intellectual property are also central to the circuits area. Other areas requiring support include expanding the pallet of materials which circuits can be built from, methods of designing circuits for advanced sensing, and approaches for utilizing circuits to implement advanced computing architectures and algorithms.
* Master\'s Degree in Physics, Materials, Computer or Electrcial/Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, or related fields
* At least seven years at progressively more difficult levels in planning and developing technical projects of a research and development (R&D) nature, concerned with unique or controversial problems which have an important effect on major Department of Defense programs.
* Demonstrated skill in conceiving, planning, and conducting research in problem areas of considerable scope and complexity requiring unconventional or novel approaches and sophisticated research techniques.
* Demonstrated the ability to independently conduct the appropriate analyses to offer recommendations, solutions, and alternatives to resolve R&D issues, concerns, problems, or methods that MTO faces in the following areas (but not limited to): materials, engineering, physics, mathematics, and energy.
* The qualified individual maintains successful organizational skills to effectively coordinate and perform multiple tasks in an individual and/or team environment. Individual will have demonstrated experience in the use of advanced techniques, theories, precepts, and practices required in the field/discipline to which he/she is providing expertise.
* At least five years extensive, applicable experience, background and knowledge of R&D research is highly desirable.
* At least three years experience working with DARPA/MTO Program Managers is also highly desirable.
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
ECS Federal provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS Federal also maintains a drug-free workplace.