DAS Deployment Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Black Box Network Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Posting Title
DAS Deployment Engineer
Black Box has an opportunity for a DAS Deployment Engineer in Richardson, TX responsible for design and integration of Distributed Antenna Systems, and discrete WLAN systems. The DAS Deployment Engineer will provide post-sales deployment engineering expertise and hands on support inclusive of architectural, design, integration and support the initial implementation, installation, configuration, and ongoing change support for Black Box products and services (Wireless, Infrastructure, UCC, Network, Security, etc.). Work in partnership within NACS operations and across various levels and departments of the organization to assist in planning, designing, migrating and troubleshooting client installation activities. Work collaboratively with clients to meet contractual obligations in a subject matter expert support role and manage client expectations to ensure that product and service deployments are successfully completed on time and meet technical, business and operational expectations. Monitor and drive throughout the project lifecycle to established implementation milestones, and participate in client status calls to ensure that projects remain on schedule. Ensure deployment engineering activities meet corporate client satisfaction objectives as well as internal and external SLAs.
This position may be located in Texas, California, or New York.
* Provide post-sales engineering implementation services such as requirement definitions and implementation plans, end to end system designs, equipment staging, configuration creation and testing, and solution deployment of varying types of software and/or hardware network solution deployments spanning geographical separation.
* Proactively assess solution specifications in light of changing customer requirements, and recommend solution changes that optimize value for both the client and BBOX organization.
* Prepare documentation for internal and external clients detailing system designs and configuration of deployed solutions.
* Develop and maintain professional and productive relationships with clients, infrastructure vendors such as ISPs and Carrier Services, software & hardware vendors and related key contributors to ensure stable and quality product & service delivery consistent with company objectives and client expectations.
* Provide technical overview of product architecture, functionality, system / data requirements, service delivery and integration with enterprise applications.
* Continuously expand, research and leverage knowledge of market and industry trends and benchmarking to identify, recommend and implement best practices, methodologies and relevant analytics.
* Continuously develop and enhance knowledge, skills and abilities through various learning channels to expand technical and non-technical capabilities. Ensure further expansion of skill-set in the operating systems, networking
infrastructure and products & services that BBOX supports.
* Meet all financial performance objectives for area of responsibility and take corrective action as needed.
* Implement and make recommendations to improve methodologies, core competencies and processes for deployment engineering to ensure stable and quality product & service delivery consistent with company objectives and client expectations.
* Maintain and enhance a strong client service-oriented environment focused on problem prediction, detection and
resolution. Proactively identify and remove barriers to meeting client expectations. Provide timely documentation of issues, action plan and outcome. Achieve all client satisfaction objectives and internal and external SLAs.
* Actively and consistently recommend and support all efforts to improve, simplify, automate and enhance day to day service delivery operations and the client experience.
* Foster and contribute toward collaborative working relationships within NACS operations and across all levels and departments of the organization to execute deployment engineering functions and company priorities.
* Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Field Experience:
* Site surveys for pre-design assessment of a building.
* Testing of RF systems to include RF to fiber based, and Bi-Directional Amplifiers (BDAs).
* Experience with field test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, signal generators, technology scanners, and receivers.
* RF System Engineering Experience:
* Coaxial and fiber based DAS design.
* 802.11 RF designs.
* Integration of passive and active devices including RF to fiber conversion, Bi-Directional Amplifiers.
* Complete understanding of passive component specifications such as power dividers, couplers, filters, and
RF combining networks. * Experience with RF prediction tools (iBwave)
* Ability to solve complex technical problems relating to Noise Figure (NF), dynamic range, Passive Inter-Modulation (PIM), and system loss/gain.
* Firm understanding of wireless technologies (LTE/UMTS/CDMA/GSM) and performing link budget analysis.
* Customer Interface/Team Dynamics
* Ability to clearly articulate design concepts and solutions to customers
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Other Requirements
* Ability to work quickly and effectively to meet project timelines and budgets.
* Self motivated with a strong ability to plan/organize workloads.
* Strong initiative to assist in creating new tools/procedures.
* 3+ years in RF industries
* BSEE, MSEE desired
* 20-30% nationwide travel
* iBwave Certification Level 1 & 2 required
* Microsoft Office tools, PCTEL or equivalent scanner, Actix, TEMS experience
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.
Apply to job Save to cart
Black Box Network Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.