DATA ARCHITECT II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Shawnee Mission, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Data Architect II
* Assist in key management and thought leadership role in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, text mining, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation.
* Assist in establishing standards and guidelines for the design & development, tuning, deployment and maintenance of information, advanced data analytics, and text mining models and physical data persistence technologies.
* Create/maintain the Development Business Intelligence data architecture to increase the robustness, performance, and scalability of systems.
* Responsible for the development of logical data models and physical data base design of the Data warehouse and ODS and semantic data layer(s) needed to support business and analytic requirements.
* Maintain quality of data in the Development Data Mart.
* Ensuring, integrity of data in the Data Mart, correcting any data problems, data consistency, establish and design procedures to purge/archive old data.
* Provide guidance to HITS regarding data consistency between development's OLTP, Application, Ancillary Systems, and Enterprise Data Warehouse.
* Create/maintain the ETL architecture and design using Health Catalyst. Participation in the Data Advisory Committee or other Governance groups.
* Mentor BI, Data, Application, and Infrastructure Strategy team members on ETL tool and architecture.
* Create streamlined, scalable integration solutions to support BI and analytic environment.
* Track progress and Communicate effectively with key stakeholders to ensure successful completion of the project within time, cost, and quality.
* Interact with clinical/business/functional partners, 3rd party vendors, to highlight the right information, risks, and open issues and the impact on data architecture related projects.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems required
* Demonstrates superior oral and written communication, organization and time management skills
* 5 to 7 years of experience in Data Warehousing and/or Business Intelligence
* Superior Communication and Business/Technical Interaction skills
* Knowledgeable with ETL technologies SSIS, Python, and/or Data Integrator
* Experience with one or more BI tools such as SAP Business Objects, Tableau, PowerPivot, QlikView, SAS
* Demonstrated knowledge of Data Architecture concepts, logical and physical database modeling, methods, and strategies
* Business Intelligence strategies/design as it relates to Data Architecture, including analytics and big data solutions are a plus
* Expertise in database and query performance tuning advanced methodologies and techniques
* Understanding of activities within primary discipline such as master Data management (MDM) and Data Governance (DG)
* Prefer experience working with EPIC data and Clarity
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.