DATA SERVICES SPECIALIST
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Loyola University Of Chicago
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSTING DETAILS
DATA SERVICES SPECIALIST
Department / School / College
Development & Donor Services-03635A
Is this partially or fully grant funded*
Duties and Responsibilities
Working in the Office of Advancement, this position is responsible for supporting the fundraising and engagement efforts of the University by ensuring the proper accounting for all donations. The accuracy and timeliness of entry of the donations is a critical element of the proper cultivation and stewardship of the University's donors.
This position will work with the Gift Processing Manager to ensure that gifts are properly recorded to the donor's entity record, that the gifts are properly documented, that the documentation is properly stored, and that the processed gifts are deposited to the bank and reconciled in accordance with University policies and procedures. Additionally, this will provide support to other areas of the Division, including the preparation and processing of correspondence (receipts, matching gift forms etc.), and data updates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Reviews, stages, and enters all donations to the University, including HSD. This includes processing checks (scanning checks to the University's bank), managing the payment lockbox, reviewing and scanning all documentation, and posting donations to the donor's entity record ensuring that proper credit is given to the donor(s) and entered in the University's donor database.
2. Oversees all staff payroll deductions and coordinate with Annual Giving to ensure all staff donations are properly deducted and these deductions are accurately entered into the University's donor database.
3. Oversees all electronic fund transfers, wire transfers and stock gifts. Serve as the liaison between the Advancement Division, University Finance, and the University's broker.
4. Oversees all gift transactions from collection applications such as iModules and Cvent. Ensure that proper credit is provided to registrants where a gift payment is included.
5. Reviews documentation to ensure that the correct donor, fund allocation, pledge payment schedule, and other critical information has been accurately recorded.
6. Daily review and reconciliation of phonathon pledge and credit card gifts.
7. Ensures that daily reconciliation reports are completed for University Finance and prepare information for entry into the Advancement database. Work with University Accounting to facilitate intercompany transfer of funds as necessary.
8. Based on the agreed upon schedule, runs Gift Audit Reports to ensure that all gift entry standards have been maintained and reconciled.
9. Monitors pledge and gift processing controls to ensure accuracy of input, review, and reconciliation of all donations in accordance with University policies and procedures.
10. Helps maintain centralized data updates.
11. Processes matching gift forms from donors as required.
12. Utilizes the University donor database for data pertinent to fundraising on donors, prospects, volunteers, and staff, including demographic, biographical, financial, and philanthropic information.
13. Supports the Gift Processing Manager in the following areas:
a. Establish and maintain allocation records as needed.
b. Establish new appeal codes as needed.
c. Maintain donor pledge files.
14. Produces accurate donor receipts correspondence according to policies and procedures.
15. Prepares and delivers check deposit to the Bursar's Office.
16. Charges manual credit card transactions.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education or Experience
HS diploma with 3-5 years of related experience in data processing, data management or accounting required.
Associate or Bachelor degree preferred. Familiarity with fundraising and/or higher education would be beneficial.
Certificates, credentials or licenses required to perform the duties of this position:
- Proficient knowledge of MS office suite; MS Excel or Spreadsheets, MS PowerPoint and MS Access required.
- Adept user of Internet, e-mail and other office automation systems.
- Advanced MS Word processing, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Access.
- Will be trained to proficiency on University systems (Advance Client and ALFRED, MS PowerPivot, DocFinity, PeopleSoft, LOCUS).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated accuracy in data entry and information processing.
- Demonstrated ability to review and audit database entries to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to follow departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals and technical procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal constituencies, donors, alumni and the general public. Proofreading skills a plus.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations a plus.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- May need to supervise student workers on student projects.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Does this job involve significant physical strain or activity*
What unusual working conditions are associated with this job*
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Candidates Eligible to Apply*
Application Types Accepted
University Staff Application
Required Applicant Documents
Optional Applicant Documents
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quicklink for Posting
Loyola University Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled