DBA Consultant, Senior
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position at Progress
Job Title: DBA Sr. Consultant
About the Team:
Join the largest and most experienced OpenEdge database team on the planet. On this team you will find former developers of the OpenEdge technology, former technical support representatives, and Database Administrators. We have a weekly tech-talk where the experts share their knowledge of all things OpenEdge. Every team member has over 20 years of OpenEdge experience and the turnover on the team is extremely low.
About the Job:
In this role you will be responsible for the management of all database related activities for your assigned customers as well as have shared responsibility for all customers.
* Act as the primary DBA contact for the assigned customers
* Accountable for communication and initial point of contact for all planned activities
* Responsible for maintaining customer description and VPN documentation
* Produce monthly reports on system usage for the past 6-months and space capacity forecasts for the next 6-months period, for all owned customers
* Share on-call responsibilities from 10am to 6pm everyday (including weekends) for all MDBA customer. The on-call rotates through the Australian DBA team
* Perform adhoc DBA work as required including Database Health Checks, DBA Training, DR
* Planning and Implementation, and other DBA work that may come in
* At least 8 years of OpenEdge DBA experience
* Experience with Unix/Linux and Windows as it relates to the OpenEdge database
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills
* Proficient documentation skills
* Should be familiar with OpenEdge Replication and 4GL programming experience
* Unix shell-scripting skills are advantageous
Today s digital business reality demands new approaches and ideas. At the core of Progress is a single-minded determination to help businesses exceed the expectations of their customers. We don t just build software, services and solutions. We create momentum. We spur success. We enable companies to deliver on their own promises. We triumph when our customers triumph.
This is a challenge we proudly embrace because we re obsessed with creating software that consistently delivers tangible, measurable results across the board.
Today we are the destination of choice for developers building apps; tomorrow, we will be the Company who helps them connect with customers more effectively in this digital economy.
This commitment means we re never satisfied with the now. Our customers rely on us to be ready for tomorrow, today. They rely on us to make progress.