DC Compliance Leader I - ReqCode 16000EJK
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Dick's Sporting Goods
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DescriptionDICK'S Sporting Goods is seeking full-time distribution center Supervisors to join our team in Plainfield, IN! Every associate at DICK'S Sporting Goods is united by a common thread - our PASSION for the sports we love. Associates joining our team have an opportunity to be a part of a growing Fortune 500 company that makes lasting impacts on our communities through sport and activity.
DICK'S Sporting Goods operates 4 state-of-the art Distribution Centers located in Smithton, PA (near Pittsburgh); Plainfield, IN (near Indianapolis); Atlanta, GA; and Goodyear, AZ. Associates at our Distribution Centers are responsible for the final transportation of merchandise to the sales floor. Our critical team members literally 'deliver' the DICK'S experience to our customers.
The role of the Vendor Relations DC Compliance Leader I is to directly manage the capture of vendor compliance issue's, manage the internal audit program, and provide guidance for the staffing and auditing process of the vendor certification program within the Distribution Centers. Work with the DC Management Team to improve vendor performance, improve operational efficiencies relative to merchandise processing, support qualitative root cause analysis while, improving the flow of merchandise to our stores. Included in the responsibility is supporting the staff performing internal DC audits and vendor audits in the DC's, working with the facility management to ensure that the auditing department is staffed properly to turn merchandise within the standards of the building and maximize the capture of non-compliant issues while maintaining inventory integrity. Success in this position is driven through customer service and collaboration with both DC operations and the store support center.
* Capture all compliance issues within the DC's. Document and report compliance issues to the store support center. This position will be responsible for working within the building to capture compliance in receiving, OSO, processing, and in QA. The compliance Leader needs to be knowledgeable and an excellent trainer with UCC 128 labels, inbound carton requirements, EDI ASN requirements, and packing issues overages, shortages...etc. The DC Compliance Leader will be responsible for reporting that Dick's vendors are meeting the floor ready requirements - ticketing, hanging, and sizers, as well as any other operational efficiency programs Dick's supports with it's vendors. (30%)
* Support and educate the staff that performs the DC internal audits to ensure that internal audits are performed accurately and in a timely manner. Manage to the daily and weekly audit goals throughout the DC to ensure consistent auditing on all shifts. Must be able to identify and report downward trends to the appropriate department Managers. (30%)
* Support and educate the staff that performs vendor inventory integrity audits to ensure that compliance issues are being captured and reported accurately and timely as well as turning the merchandise based on facility standards. Must be involved in the day to day business of the DC and collaborate through staff meetings and one on ones with the Managers and Supervisors. (20%)
* Support with additional VR departmental projects as they develop to help support working with our vendors and/or DC inventory integrity and compliance for supply chain initiatives. (10%)
* Assist in helping to create reporting through Corporate sharing the information with the DC (10%)
Indirect Reports responsibilities of QA and Vendor Non-Compliance Staff
Direct Report responsibilities for VR DC Analyst and VR DC Internal Audit Staff
Click HERE to review our Rewards & Benefits Information
Candidates seeking employment with DICK'S Sporting Goods should be prepared to successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug test prior to beginning employment.
DICK'S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Computer Proficient
* Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
* Leadership/Customer Service - Foster cross functional relationships at all levels of DC and Corporate Management.
* Trainer - Actively work with human resources and other departments to support personal and support staff development
* Communication - The ability to clearly articulate information to all levels of the organization
* Decision Making - Ability to analyze and evaluate information and provide strong recommendations
* Planning and Organization - Organize task and schedules
* Teamwork - Build cross functional relationships
* Action Oriented - Ability to be pro-active and driven towards ongoing continued improvements