This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the day to day execution of a Distribution Center servicing other DCs and/or funeral homes. This includes but not all inclusive; employee supervision, customer service, inventory control, limited financial responsibility, maintenance of equipment and delivery.
Under the guidance of the DC manager planning and scheduling and receipt and delivery of funeral home products.
- Performing routine quality inspections of incoming product and report quality issues
- Day to day execution of inventory processes for approximately 400+ items (caskets) across 400+ different SKU's
- Supervising the daily work schedules of picking, staging and loading outgoing shipments of product
- Executing the delivery of any expedited shipments on an emergency basis
- Measure, monitor and report operations performance and efficiency metrics
- Hire and manage the operations staff including warehouse/driver positions.
- Oversee and/or perform SAP transactions
- Oversee continuous improvement programs through the use of Lean principles
- Oversee the DC through the Matthews Management System
- Provide and manage employee training
- Ability to operate delivery vehicles and make regular deliveries (Required in DCs)
- Dispatching responsibilities
- Provides excellent internal and external customer service skill and enhances relationships.
- Servant leader
- Other duties as assigned
*Supervise staff of the DC (Any combination of full time and part time Matthews employees that average more than 100 hours of work per week. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or equivalent; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to management, and employees.
Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Other Skills and Abilities
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled