DCG Ops Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
This position is part of Lenovo Data Center Group, Operations Department. Operations management refers to the administration of business practices to create the highest level of efficiency possible within an organization. It is concerned with converting materials and labor into goods and services as efficiently as possible to maximize the profit of an organization. As part of the operations team your role will be to Develop/Improve SharePoint tools to manage Operations Flow of information. Help with the implementation of Business Management System automation. Provide tools support to Offering Delivery Team leaders. Participate in providing business control support for end to end operations.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a customer-service orientation, attention to detail and creativity in solving design problems.
- Works independently on projects, manage day-to-day assignments and collaborate as a proactive team leader.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced global environment and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Possess a positive attitude and high standards for creative executions.
- Have a strong self-initiative with the ability to identify areas of improvement with direction.
- Exhibit ability to work on several projects simultaneously with demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks independently.
- Have fine attention to detail with the ability to produce accurate end-results.
- Demonstrate creativity in problem solving.
- Conform to Lenovo's code quality practices and guidelines
Lenovo's fundamental belief is that life rewards those who Never Stand Still. Every day, every employee at Lenovo is focused on moving forward, rejecting traditional limits, and always seeking a better way. Through our Entry Level Talent Program, Lenovo is developing career minded millennials to drive the next generation in technology. University students who have a passion for technology and an aptitude for success are encouraged to apply.
Lenovo, a member of the Fortune Global 500, is the fastest growing PC maker on the planet with growth outpacing our competition quarter after quarter. Lenovo recently completely two large and strategic acquisitions of Motorola Mobility to jump to the #3 largest smart phone maker in the world, and IBM X86 Server unit to become the #3 player world-wide in low to mid-range servers. (Optional)
At $46B in global sales, in 160 countries, Lenovo is a collection of highly skilled and talented people doing what we do best: producing the very best in world-class products. From personal computers and tablets, to cell phones, applications and servers, everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working together, across continents, cultures and innovations, all comprised in a friendly, fast-paced, work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be known as the best in what we do. We're looking to add fresh, talented individuals who are self-motivated and desire boundless opportunities, to join us. Come share in the discoveries that are forged from our shared achievements at Lenovo as we drive the next generation in technology.
- Project management knowledge/experience
- MS tools experience (XCEL, Sharepoint, ) at programing level to help with Business applications implementation.
- MS SharePoint site maintenance/development
- Working toward B.S. in Engineering or Computer Science, having completed the 2nd or 3rd year of school or recent grad.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.