DCIM Integration Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
El Segundo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: DCIM INTEGRATION ENGINEER
LOCATION: EL SEGUNDO, CA
DURATION: 1 YEAR
Effectively interact with inter-departmental team members including the in-house corporate operations engineering personnel, the OPERATIONS ENGINEERING STAFF AT ALL IBX SITES (DATA CENTERS), information technology, information security, networking, marketing, outside support vendors and consultants.
- Map infrastructure objects into the client Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) system for monitoring using BACnet, Modbus, OPC and other industry standard communications protocols.
- Work with local and regional operations staff, equipment vendors and software development team to coordinate DCIM monitoring of site infrastructure.
- Identify and/or develop solutions for integrating infrastructure monitoring systems into DCIM where required.
- Assure adherence to developed standards as Data Center Infrastructure Management system is deployed.
- Troubleshoot all elements of the controls system, including field devices, controllers, network components and softwaresystems.
- Assist on-site IBX Operations Engineering personnel in working with local controls vendors.
- Domestic and international travel and other assignments as required.
- Respond to emergency incidents on an as needed basis.
- EXPERIENCE IN CRITICAL FACILITY ENVIRONMENT PREFERRED, INCLUDING OPERATIONS AND DESIGN. EMPHASIS & SPECIAL FOCUS ON CONTROLS AND/OR DCIM.
- STRONG KNOWLEDGE OF THE BACNET, MODBUS AND OPC COMMUNICATIONS PROTOCOLS INCLUDING PROTOCOL DEFINITION, IMPLEMENTATION STRATEGIES AND TROUBLESHOOTING.
- EXPERIENCE WITH OTHER DATA COLLECTION AND CONVERSION SOFTWARE SUCH AS KEPWARE, MATRICON, TOPVIEW, OSISOFT PI OR EQUIVALENT.
- MUST BE CONVERSANT WITH DIRECT DIGITAL CONTROL (DDC) SYSTEMS, PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC CONTROLLERS (PLC), AND DISTRIBUTED CONTROL SYSTEMS (DCS) PROGRAMMING AND TROUBLESHOOTING.
- MUST BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND CONTROL STRATEGIES AND ARCHITECTURE USING SEQUENCE OF OPERATION AND P&ID DRAWINGS, SAMA DIAGRAMS OR EQUIVALENT.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Personnel shall be able to travel and will be on-call.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Autodesk AutoCAD, and/or Microsoft Visio a benefit. Deep knowledge of Microsoft Excel including VBA scripting preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Controls Engineering preferred.
English(Read, Write, Speak)