DCPF Satellite Ground Station Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Sioux Falls, SD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies Inc. (SGT) is seeking a motivated, energetic, and talented Satellite Communications (SatCom) / Hardware Engineer to join its talented team in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. SGT, headquartered in Greenbelt, Maryland, is the prime Technical Support Services Contractor (TSSC) to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), providing support in the areas of science, engineering and technical operations at the Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Center (http://eros.usgs.gov/) near Sioux Falls, SD (http://www.siouxfalls.org).
The Data Capture and Processing Facility (DCPF) Satellite Communications (SatCom) / Hardware Engineer provides technical leadership in the areas of hardware maintenance, engineering, and configuration for all ground station equipment serviced by the DCPF.
* Coordinates, communicates, and provides technical status to other team members and the Landsat Operations Task Manager as appropriate.
* Provides engineering support and maintenance to all ground station equipment
* Provides SatCom / Hardware engineering support to maintain all systems in accordance with appropriate system requirements. This includes the antenna(s), RF equipment and all associated ground station equipment.
* Submit, analyze, and manage configuration change requests in accordance with established Configuration Management (CM) processes.
* Provide technical engineer support for ground station upgrades, procurements and new mission support
* Support new mission development activities for the ground station and support integration with current missions
* Support equipment inventory control and follow government property/procurement rules
* Lead system anomaly investigations and troubleshooting activities.
* Lead special projects and initiatives as assigned by the DCPF Hardware Engineer
* Lead which may include activities such as process improvements.
* Rotating 24x7 on-call is required.
* Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering, Satellite Communications/Systems or equivalent.
* Associate degree in Satellite Communications Engineering or electronics technology may be substituted for a BS degree with a minimum of 6-8 years of experience in ground station maintenance
* Minimum of 4-6 years related experience in SatComm Engineering or equivalent.
* Experience with satellite ground systems is required
* Experience with the Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite communications is preferred
* Leading system anomaly investigations and troubleshooting activities
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
* Radio Frequency (RF) / Intermediate Frequency (IF) test equipment knowledge.
* Ability to read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams
* General computer hardware and software proficiency.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications such as (Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint).
* Ability to conduct studies related to ground station operations, create performance plans, installation guides, requirements, operations concepts.
* Windows/Linux System Administration knowledge
* Understanding of network topologies
* Ampex DCRSi drive knowledge.
* Understanding of RF Design priniciples
* Experience with Analog and Digital Fiber Optics
* CAD software knowledge
* Systems Tool Kit (Satellite Took Kit) knowledge
* Aerial work platforms
* Component level troubleshooting and replacement
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for facility access and user accounts.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on the SGT website (Http://www.sgt-inc.com). This position may be filled by a SGT teammate on the TSSC Contract. Please apply on line.
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.