DCS Technician 9/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Perform maintenance, design, installation, tuning and troubleshooting functions for a variety of DCS and PLC platforms. The DCS and PLC platforms include: ABB Infi90/Harmony/Symphony, GE Mark 6E, GE Fanuc 9030, Rockwell RSLogix 5000, Siemens Teleperm XP, Siemens S5/S6/S7, Siemens 95F/95U, and Toshiba Tosmap.
Perform maintenance, design, installation and troubleshooting functions for field and process instrumentation. This includes both discrete signal (e.g. mA, mV, V) and HART protocol devices.
Perform maintenance, design, installation and troubleshooting functions for intra/inter-system communication protocols such as Ethernet (TCP/IP), OPC (Open Platform Communications) and Modbus (TCP, serial).
Review and analyze work activities to meet the regulatory and corporate requirements for safety, health, environmental and minimum essential design.
Use computerized Maintenance Management System (Maximo) to effectively document required maintenance in an efficient and organized manner.
Optimize plant preventive maintenance program to meet OEM recommendations, regulatory requirements, and corporate maintenance philosophy.
Maintain computer and written logs, manuals, records, blueprints and operating procedures in a neat and professional manner.
Provide guidance and written reports, as required, to facilitate efficient scheduling and performance of maintenance activities as they pertain to plant electrical and control systems.
* Provide senior level technical expertise in Instrument, Control & Electrical disciplines.
* Perform a variety of complex technical service and support duties within a multi-discipline environment using specialized knowledge and techniques.
* Regularly troubleshoots and resolves non-routine or escalated technical issues.
* Resolves complex technical issues independently or as a resource to other members of the team.
* Shows initiative in increasing general technical and plant specific knowledge.
* Regularly provides guidance and/or on-the-job training to others.
* Works under limited supervision.
* Independently prioritizes and executes assigned tasks, conferring with Management occasionally or as needed.
* Provide self-checks for errors while working independently. Errors in work may be serious. Direct verification of error free work is not always possible by others.
* Provide oversight and error checking, while working in a team environment.
* Use advanced technical expertise and competency to ensure work results of the highest quality.
* Assigned duties include routine and non-routine tasks that reflect substantial variety and complexity.
* Prioritizes scheduled and non-scheduled tasks within clearly defined limits as set by management. This may include guiding others while working in a team environment.
* High School diploma, degree from technical/vocational school or equivalent
* Senior-level; minimum of 10 years experience with instrument/electrical and control system applications
* Power plant systems knowledge with advanced understanding of chemistry, electricity, mathematics, mechanics and physics
* Experience with DCS and PLC programming and configuration
* Advanced certifications/licensures
* Valid state driver s license
* Must pass the pre-employment test.
* Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm