DESKTOP SUPPORT MANAGER
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Desktop Support Manager
* Lead a team of desktop support technicians focusing on service delivery and problem solving while delivering high quality customer support.
* Accountable for aligning priorities and resources with the direction of the business.
* Defines support metrics related to the desktop support infrastructure and service levels.
* Develops and implements policies, procedures and processes for the Desktop Support group.
* Provides leadership, mentoring and coaching for all desktop support staff members.
* Works closely with other End User support teams to deliver a first class end user experience.
* Responsible for timely completion of projects and service requests.
* Communicates project status to stakeholders.
* Monitors the effectiveness of the Desktop Support group.
* Drives enterprise standardization around the desktop infrastructure platforms including desktops, printers and peripherals.
* Responsible for the strategic direction and implementation of desktop end user support solutions, selection and management of support partners and tools.
* Monitors customer satisfaction surveys in an effort to drive continual performance improvements.
* Manages both critical support and standard support escalation requests and communicates with key stakeholders during escalations. Acts as the main point of contact for personnel to resolve issues beyond their skill set.
* Researches, recommends and assists with the implementation of new tools, techniques and best practices in desktop infrastructure and support.
* Functions as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for project needs and the needs of the end user. Translates those needs into documentation and actionable items to deliver the required solution.
* Shares knowledge, creates knowledgebase articles, creates best practices and shares with the HITS group.
* Assists in Hospital software license reconciliation on a recurring basis.
* Demonstrates competence in prioritizing user issues and resolving within Hospital defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
* Maintains an ever increasing level of proficiency in hardware, software, networking and other technologies related to the HITS department.
* Demonstrates the ability to manage time and resources in the best interest of the Hospital.
* Identifies opportunities where training needs would improve productivity within the department or within the Hospital
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with management, co-workers and end users.
* Must certify as HDI Desktop Support Manager (HDI-DSM) within the first year of employment
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* 10 or more years of experience in IT field with progressive leadership responsibilities required
* Bachelor's Degree in IT or related field or 2:1 equivalent experience preferred
* 3 or more years of managing a large desktop support team required
* 1 or more years of experience supporting Mac OS X and iOS preferred
* 1 or more years of experience with medium to large project management required
* 5 of more years of experience support Microsoft Operating Systems required
* ITIL v3 Foundations Certification preferred
* Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Powershell, Group Policy experience required; System Center Orchestrator, McAfee experience preferred
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.