DFM / Wave Process Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
This position is for a DFM & Wave Process Engineer with a strong background in electronics and electronics manufacturing involving Printed Circuit Board (PCB) assembly and soldering. The candidate's primary responsibility will be leading the through hole soldering processes (Wave and Selective Soldering), evaluate new designs for manufacturability (DFM), additional areas of ownership may be assigned throughout the manufacturing process. The ideal candidate will be a "hands on" type of person that is not afraid to learn and improve processes.
* Evaluate new PCB designs for manufacturability and ROHS compliance, utilizing Valor Software tools.
* Understand, document, and train how to operate production equipment.
* Troubleshoot PCB soldering processes and implement solutions.
* Generate reports and recommendations from data.
* Perform failure/root cause analysis on production parts.
* Monitor process performance (Cpk, equipment, etc) to determine areas in need of improvement.
* Develop/modify production process sheets.
* Manage Projects.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Must be an ITAR Compliant US Person.
* Able to work in a team environment with a wide variety of disciplines and education levels.
* Understanding of Quality principles and their applications in a manufacturing environment.
* Knowledge of PCB soldering and production techniques.
* Knowledge of mechanical systems.
* Strong communication skills both oral and written.
* Strong knowledge of electronics with the ability to problem solve.
* Familiar with automated PCB manufacturing equipment such as pick-and-place machines (Universal), wave soldering equipment (Electrovert), selective solder equipment (ERSA), x-ray inspection equipment, and AOI equipment (Yestech).
* Ability to learn new technologies, processes, and techniques for manufacturing.