DIAG MED SONOGRAPHER 9/9/2016
Yale New Haven Health
New Haven, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the Ultrasound Manager and/or Chief Technologist, performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties utilizing complex imaging equipment to produce quality Ultrasound images as requested for subsequent interpretation by the radiologist. All duties are performed in accordance with departmental and organizational policies and procedures. Promotes service excellence in all interactions as outlined in the Key Behaviors in the YNHH Core Success Factors. To meet the staffing needs of the department, as necessary, Diagnostic Radiology staff may be assigned at any of the YNHH Diagnostic Radiology locations, regardless of your regularly assigned work location.
* 1. Performs quality and efficient ultrasound exams in order to assist with a patient's diagnostic work-up
* 1.1 Follows routine protocols and/or physicians specific prescriptions. Repeat of examinations due to non-compliance or poor quality is minimal as observed by manager / supervisor or physician review.
* 2. Provides accurate and compassionate patient care in order to ensure service excellence, patient cooperation, safety, and satisfaction.
* 2.1 Identifies patients and exams accurately 100% of the time according to departmental policy as observed by supervisor or other hospital staff.
* 3. Performs various record-keeping tasks in order to ensure department goals are met, medical record documentation accuracy, and daily operations run smoothly and efficiently.
* 3.1 Demonstrates a mastery of end user computer skills of the RIS (Imagecast, VIP, Synapse, Syngo Dynamics, Event Reporting) by accurately and independently performing related tasks such as exam scheduling, completion, document scanning etc.
* 4. Participates in various learning opportunities in order to further personal knowledge/skills and assists with teaching or training others.
* 4.1 Proactively seeks opportunities to further one's career, knowledge, and expertise through job related seminars, IFE courses, advanced degrees/certifications, or membership in professional societies, etc.
* 5. Employee follows established safety precautions and procedures in the performance of all duties in order to ensure a safe environment.
* 5.1 Operates equipment and performs job related duties in a safe manner, following policies and procedures, to minimize risk of injury to patients.
Demonstrates an understanding of body mechanics and use of patient lifting devices when appropriate.
* 6. To enhance the patient experience in Diagnostic radiology all staff will be responsible to achieve patient satisfaction scores set by the department on the Test & Treatment section of our Press Ganey Survey.
* 6.1 1. Staff will present themselves in a friendly and courteous manor; Staff will identify themselves and their role while encouraging a Patient and Family Center experience.
1.2 Staff will fully explain procedure and ask if the patient has any additional questions about the procedure.
1.3 Staff will address any comfort issues a patient may have prior to starting procedure.
1.4 Staff will thank patient once procedure is completed and ask the patient if they have any additional questions.
1.5 Staff must meet the above goals and fiscal year threshold value, which was last fiscal year actual for a 2 rating on review.
2. Staff must meet the above goals and exceed fiscal year threshold value by +.2 for a 3 rating on review.
3. Staff must meet the above goals and exceed fiscal year threshold value by +.4 for a 4 rating on review.
Required to meet one of the following:
AS degree and graduate of an accredited (CAAHEP) School of Diagnostic Sonography.,
AS degree and graduate of an accredited Allied Health program with an additional requirement of 12 months of full time Diagnostic Medical Sonography instruction.,
Graduate of Bachelor's program with an additional requirement of 12 months of full time Diagnostic Medical Sonography instruction.
Demonstrated technical skills to meet entry level standards of routine sonography.
ARDMS certification to include Abdomen (ABD) is required and preferred. (ARRT Sonography is also acceptable but RDMS ABD certification is required to be obtained within one year of hire date).
Vascular certification is required to be obtained within 18 months of hire date.
(OB) also desirable. CPR certification also preferred.
Proficient in routine ultrasound imaging techniques, above average knowledge of computer / Pacs applications, good organizational and communication/customer service skills.
Must be able to lift (patient transfers) and push 40 lbs (portable US equipment).