DIETITIAN ASSISTANT II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Dietitian Assistant II
* Performs nutrition screening using system criteria to identify patients at nutrition risk. Collects anthropometric data & biochemical parameters to complete the screening process
* Communicates with patients/family about food choices &provides guidance in food selections. Provides nutrition therapy though serving of meals, observing and documenting food intake & response to care.
* Assesses patients' learning needs, barriers to learning, preferred learning styles & provide education to patients on Stroke, heart failure, cardiac, neutropenic diets, food- drug interactions & other specific diet plans according to established programs. Provides backup to dietitian on group class instruction.
* Performs Indirect calorimeter assessment of patients when ordered by physician/dietitian
* Serves as a liaison between patient, the dietitian & Clinical Nutrition Department.
* Documents all care.
* Works collaboratively with nursing unit staff to complete activities within scope of practice, as time allows.
* Participates in department or unit activities to facilitate patient care and operations, e.g. quality focus teams, committees, recipe tasting, and procedure or process revisions.
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition or related field required
* Prefer food service experience, particularly in hospital or long term care facility
* Dietetic Technician Registered (DTR) credential required
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.