DIRECTOR, MEXICO - EPW 184.16
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
El Cajon, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONRole Purpose
University Degree in engineering, operations, or business management. Needs at least 10 years of progressive mid to senior level of management experience at aerospace industry.
Multi-site responsibility, travel required to SLP, GKN USA sites and possibly to Europe (est. 30-40%).
* Demonstrated skills in providing creative leadership; analytical and conceptual skills/abilities to identify, analyze and resolve problems creatively and strategically.
* Good organizational skills, ability to multi-task and demonstrated abilities in leadership, communication and planning.
* Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
* Ability to be a leader in change management, demonstrate strong aptitude to proactively identify problems and propose effective solutions.
* Accountability for a Profit and Loss, either for a site or large Program.
* Broad technical understanding of designs, processes, manufacturing operations and applications.
* Demonstrated ability to influence across functional lines within company and within client organizations.
* Ability to lead, coach and mentor, highly skilled and experienced direct reports.
* Ability to establish customer contacts independently and grow and develop the customer relationship appropriately.
* Strong knowledge of government contracting process and proprietary contracts development.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director Mexico is responsible for the P&L and the overall operation of the 2 facilities based in Mexico Mexicali and San Luis Potosi. The incumbent will be a key contributor to the Mexico strategy and will also be expected to stay aligned with the overarching Mexico strategy agreed at the Divisional level. The incumbent will provide day-to-day leadership, management and direction to the business, while ensuring cost, quality and delivery commitments are met or exceeded. The incumbent will serve as Plant Manager for the Mexicali facility. Create and implement business plans and objectives to manage and grow the Mexico sites in line with targets. Assure the profitability of Mexico through effective allocation of resources in line with EPW and AES strategy. Provide day-to-day leadership to the 2 sites that have responsibility to manage cost, quality and schedule of each specific program. Ensure the on-time delivery of products consistent with customer specifications and requirements. Work closely with the EPW management team to identify further opportunities to grow the Mexico businesses. Liaise with the customer, both internal GKN and external, where appropriate to build credibility, effective relationships and keep the lines of communication open. Ensure both sites maintain a low cost workforce and add to GKN Aerospace s cost competitiveness strategy. Ensure that all new opportunities are controlled in accordance with company policies. Ensure the sites comply with all Mexico local, state and federal laws, including import/export and trade regulations. Manage the organisation s budget in support of the company s goals and objectives. Understand financial principles and work closely with finance to ensure good accounting practices are maintained while obtaining financial goals.
GKN is an EOE/M/F/D/V employer.
Candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)