DMAS Technical Writer 3 8/17/2016
MCI - Contract
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MCI - 12 month contract. Candidate must be available for ONSITE interview. This is an onsite only role in Richmond, VA.
Only qualified US CITIZENS and GREEN CARD HOLDERS are welcome to apply. Sorry NO H1 SPONSORSHIP is available for this position. NO THIRD PARTY SPONSORED H1 APPLICANTS will be considered. THIRD PARTY AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY.
The Technical Writer must produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of the Encounter Processing Solution (EPS) project. The Technical Writer will work collaboratively with technical developers (Java, Oracle), business analysts, users, and the project manager to produce detail design, training, project and other documentation.
The Technical Writer prepares and/or maintains documentation pertaining to programming, systems operation, project planning and support, and user documentation. This position translates technical and business specifications into quality design, training, operations and user documentation. The Technical Writer plans, writes and maintains all aspects of system documentation, including online help screen. This position is familiar with and can apply a variety of concepts, practices and procedures related to effective documentation. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
* 3years experience with the ability to adhere to and help enhance documentation methodology and framework
* 8years experieince developing and maintain technical detailed design documentation, including module and program specifications and flow diagrams
* 3years experieince developing on-line help screens highly desired
* 3years Developing and maintaining user-training materials highly desired
* 8years experience with the ability to work with team members to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
* 8years experience with the ability to produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
* 8years Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
* 5years experieince with the ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
* 5years experience with ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and business processes and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
* 8+ years Excellent written skills in English
* 5years Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* 5years Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development