Chief Merchandiser (DMM)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/4/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description This position is with a digital start-up business in the media division of Cox Enterprises, a multi-billion dollar company based in Atlanta. For the true business-minded, entrepreneurial merchandising leader who is ready for the next challenge, it is a ripe opportunity to take a business plan and funding and help bring an e-commerce business to life! This initiative blends the best of lifestyle content together with the ability to buy products, highlighting unique products from artisans, craftsmen and retailers. The Chief Merchandiser is accountable for sourcing local products across the South, as well as managing vendor relationships with key national wholesalers and distributors in order to grow the retail aspect of our new site. The ideal person for this role will thrive on a fast-paced and competitive marketplace and relish the opportunity to grow a business quickly from its infancy to a significant e-commerce retailer.
Will lead all product selection, buying, merchandising and vendor relationships for this new eCommerce Business. Responsibilities include:
* Evaluating potential new products including travel to vendors across Georgia, Texas and the South (mix will likely include both national and ultra-local merchants)
* Oversight of all on-site merchandising in collaboration with the Editor of the site.
* Passion for in-home cooking and entertaining trends and working with artisans and chefs of the south is a definite plus, which helps drive the product strategy and supplier selection.
* Management of a small 2-3 person buying team to help select products and vendors
* Setting up digital product standards (e.g. product hierarchy, taxonomy, digital content requests, supplier contract process, etc.) in a way that works cohesively with content data standards
* Secure and analyze quotations; negotiate prices and terms with suppliers and vendors; recommend suppliers with respect to cost, quality, and delivery.
* Work with GM and team to set pricing and promotion strategy
* Work with Chefs, Restaurants, independent makers and other influencers on unique / exclusive private label brands and products
* Maintain and develop positive relations with suppliers including management of supply logistics, 3PL, and outsourced warehousing and oversee inbound and outbound shipping coordination with vendors and warehouse facilities.
* Contact suppliers regarding material problems and support resolution
* Generate and place orders, taking maximum advantage of combining orders, free freight, etc. (also helps track the status of all orders)
* Review KPIs to help ensure product mix and pricing are helping business meet financial goals
* With the Editor, develop product and editorial calendar; monitor promotional calendar insuring promotional batches are constructed and successfully activated on time
* Assist with SKU building on ecommerce platform as needed and advising on marketing, merchandising, copy and product photography strategy to maximize product sales.
* Generate product inclusion / exclusion lists for Marketing promotions, plus everyday pricing strategy
* Travel as needed to vendor partners.
* Assist with various special projects.
* Minimum four year bachelor s degree, master s degree preferred.
* Minimum at least 5-10 years of experience in merchandising, buying or planning within design or related industry
* Computer skills, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Web skills, experience with third party shopping platforms such as Shopify, Bigcommerce or Netsuite is a plus.
* Demonstrated strong project management skills.
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
* Demonstrated ability to work on an extremely small team in a dynamic environment.
* Ability to manage in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
* Strong analytical and problem solving background
* A good eye for interesting and unique products for target market
* Excitement at the idea of taking full responsibility for an idea and project and seeing it through to execution and completion.
* A passion for design and product
* Ability to use independent judgment
* Detail orientation
* Reliable, punctual attendance is required
* Resourcefulness to find interesting products from independent makers
* Work with merchandising team.
* Work directly with GM to achieve business objectives.
* Work with external vendors and providers to build and maintain relationships.
* Occasionally deal with customer feedback to help improve product selection and experience.
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of CoxReps. Additionally, CMG owns Cox Target Media, which operates Valpak, one of North America's leading direct marketing companies, and Savings.com, a leading online source for savings.
The company's operations currently include 14 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, more than 60 radio stations, six daily newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services.
CMG currently operates in more than 30 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly, including more than 31 million TV viewers, more than 3.5 million print and online newspaper readers, and 14 million radio listeners.
COX MEDIA GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER; MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED.
For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com
Organization:Cox Media Group
Primary Location:US-GA-Atlanta-223 Perimeter Center Pkwy NE
Travel:Yes, 50 % of the Time