DNS, DHCP And IPAM Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description:
The Network Infrastructure team combines software and systems administration skills to build and operate a global DNS/DHCP/NTP infrastructure . We need creative engineers and technologists to help us keep critical systems up while transforming the infrastructure from a traditional out of the box DNS/DHCP services to a modern service incorporating modern user facing APIs, automation glue code, unit/regression tests and continuous integration.
In addition to our transformational mission, the Network Infrastructure team routinely works on tasks related to: availability, latency, capacity, code lifecycle, deployment and configuration management. We collaborate with our Engineering teams to release new services and our NOC teams to solve issues impacting the bank's users and services.
* Builds a team to provide DDI services to the bank.
* Provides technical direction to automate and streamline DDI services.
* Manages multiple related and interdependent projects to collectively deliver a desired business outcome based on varying degrees of complexity.
* Manages end-to-end DDI infrastructure delivery life-cycle including the collection and translation of business requirements to enable technical execution of programs and projects.
* Rigorously manages scope to ensure agreed/approved/appropriate value is delivered and commitments are achieved within time, cost, and quality parameters.
* Plans and coordinates project deliverables across multiple service providers in support of DDI infrastructure project requirements.
* Manages and contributes to a portfolio of DDI infrastructure projects from design, build, through implementation and operational turn-over, with varying levels of complexity.
* Responsible for project set up for network-sponsored projects within the technology systems of record (Nexus, Remedy, etc.).
* Monitor incoming Service Request Fulfillment queue, including analysis of the incoming Request to better understand the customer's business & technical needs, prioritizing dates, scheduling, assigning/re-assigning as appropriate.
* Collaborate with other internal/external Bank teams such as Operations, Engineering, and Requestors on core design requirements/standards and impact assessment.
* Perform design validation testing and pre-work in non-production environments when necessary to ensure successful implementation in production.
* Maintain accurate records of requests and communications by utilizing Bank's systems of record
* Communicate the status and progress to the customer on a daily basis via the System of Record and respond to requests from customers in a timely manner.
* Identify the solution, design the plan, and prepare required documents.
* Adhere to Bank processes, such as representing the change in Change Committee meetings & Design Review sessions.
* Provide implementation support, as needed, to other Vendors and Bank teams.
* Proven ability to resolve project issues and mitigate project risk by negotiating solutions that meet expected results
* Ability to adhere to BAC Project Management and Change Management governance frame-work
* Credibility to influence subordinates, peers and executive management
* Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills at an executive level
CORE TECHNOLOGIES IN SCOPE
* Proficient in DNS, DHCP, and IPAM technologies including ALU VitalQIP, BIND, Infoblox, Linux and Solaris.
* Proficient in use of ALU VitalQIP CLI commands, both V7.2PR2 and V8.x
* Knowledge in SYBASE and SQL
* Domain Registrar
* IPAM DNS Organizations and Administration of zone data.
* Knowledge in Akamai eDNS, DNSSEC, DNS ANYCAST, F5 DNS Express
GENERAL SKILLS:The Individual must possess the ability to analyze and understand a variety of existing and emerging business requirements, interface with technology engagement teams as a fully seasoned and proficient solutions engineer, in providing best in class solutions that align to meet business and technology requirements. This highly dynamic position will require the ability to manage multiple technical project engagements. Candidate will be a strong engineering minded individual with polished collaboration, written, and communication skills and a proven track record interacting with various levels of management, clients and technical team members in delivering technical traffic management solutions.
Key contributor in creation, development and management of systems engineering activities. Interfaces with business areas to ensure all initiatives support business strategies and goals. Supervises, guides and provides technical support and training to the engineering staff and assists the Tech Mgr in the review and evaluation of the work of the staff, planning, organizing and controlling the activities of the section and in the development of the overall project plans and timetables. Responsible for staffing, performance management and compensation decision making. Typically 7-10 years of systems engineering experience.
* Programming. Need to know two or more of these languages: sh, Perl, Python, C, C++.
* Advanced, in-depth proficiency working in a UNIX based environment. Know system initialization, UNIX IPC, in short - know how things work.
* Experiece with the core technologies in scope.
* Familiarity with Bank DNS, DHCP, and NTP architecture and infastructure.
* Experience operating a large systems installation. Prefer devops experience.
* Should be proficient in network protocols such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, and UDP. Able to read network traces to diagnose DNS and DHCP issues.
* Knowledgeable in the interaction with other network key components, such as proxies, firewalls, routers, switches, and GTMs.
* Experience in very large network infrastructures.
* Knowledgeable on network management and monitoring tools (HP NNMi, Syslog, Splunk, HPNA, Cisco Netscout).
* Understands network-based technologies: demonstrates competency (or capacity to be successful) in the ability to translate customer/business requirements into business solutions and successfully position with customers
* 7-10+ years networkengineering and/or technology management experience
* B.S. degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, (Master's degreepreferred)
* Proven ability to manage short and long term engagements with multiple project tracks and teams
* Ability to interact with clients at all level, from the C-Level to IT individual contributor
* Firm understanding of IT Service Management processes, program and project management (i.e. MS Project, Excel, Word, hybrid)
* Proven ability to manage and set client expectations
* Ability to manage client escalations and negotiate resolution