D&R Bakery Feeds Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
Logan Township, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Compiles and records production spoil data to prepare records and reports on production runs, Mixer waste, Rheon waste, Oven waste and Back flush ingredients for several reasons like quality, mechanical and operational. Other aspects of production by performing the following duties.
* Dumps waste modules as they are brought to the Bakery Feeds area.
* Records weight and reason as stated by personnel dropping off modules.
* Prepares reports including the following:
* Waste Report by line
* Deliver Data to shift supervisor for proper shift waste reporting
* Document s the variety and line
* Ensures that all data reporting is on a timely manner and reports to the bakery systems manager any issues with reporting.
* Ensures that all information documented is accurate and filled completely as required by company policy. Also follows up on missing information with Supervisor, Foreman and/or Lead of the area.
* Ensures that the spoil waste data is accurate and completed by the end of his/her shift.
* Works to maintain and improve on the data accuracy of each product. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
* ANALYTICAL - COLLECTS AND RESEARCHES DATA; USES INTUITION AND EXPERIENCE TO COMPLEMENT DATA.
* DESIGN - GENERATES CREATIVE SOLUTIONS; USES FEEDBACK TO MODIFY DESIGNS; DEMONSTRATES ATTENTION TO DETAIL.
* PROBLEM SOLVING - IDENTIFIES AND RESOLVES PROBLEMS IN A TIMELY MANNER; GATHERS AND ANALYZES INFORMATION SKILLFULLY; WORKS WELL IN GROUP PROBLEM SOLVING SITUATIONS; USES REASON EVEN WHEN DEALING WITH EMOTIONAL TOPICS.
* Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
* ETHICS - TREATS PEOPLE WITH RESPECT; WORKS WITH INTEGRITY AND ETHICALLY; UPHOLDS ORGANIZATIONAL VALUES.
* ADAPTABILITY - ADAPTS TO CHANGES IN THE WORK ENVIRONMENT; MANAGES COMPETING DEMANDS; CHANGES APPROACH OR METHOD TO BEST FIT THE SITUATION; ABLE TO DEAL WITH FREQUENT CHANGE, DELAYS, OR UNEXPECTED EVENTS.
* ATTENDANCE/PUNCTUALITY - IS CONSISTENTLY AT WORK AND ON TIME; ENSURES WORK RESPONSIBILITIES ARE COVERED WHEN ABSENT; ARRIVES AT MEETINGS AND APPOINTMENTS ON TIME.
* DEPENDABILITY - FOLLOWS INSTRUCTIONS, RESPONDS TO MANAGEMENT DIRECTION; TAKES RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS; KEEPS COMMITMENTS; COMMITS TO LONG HOURS OF WORK WHEN NECESSARY TO REACH GOALS; COMPLETES TASKS ON TIME OR NOTIFIES APPROPRIATE PERSON WITH AN ALTERNATE PLAN.
* INITIATIVE - VOLUNTEERS READILY; UNDERTAKES SELF-DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES; SEEKS INCREASED RESPONSIBILITIES; TAKES INDEPENDENT ACTIONS AND CALCULATED RISKS; LOOKS FOR AND TAKES ADVANTAGE OF OPPORTUNITIES; ASKS FOR AND OFFERS HELP WHEN NEEDED.
* INNOVATION - DISPLAYS ORIGINAL THINKING AND CREATIVITY; MEETS CHALLENGES WITH RESOURCEFULNESS; GENERATES SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVING WORK; DEVELOPS INNOVATIVE APPROACHES AND IDEAS; PRESENTS IDEAS AND INFORMATION IN A MANNER THAT GETS OTHERS\' ATTENTION.
* JUDGMENT - DISPLAYS WILLINGNESS TO MAKE DECISIONS; EXHIBITS SOUND AND ACCURATE JUDGMENT; SUPPORTS AND EXPLAINS REASONING FOR DECISIONS; INCLUDES APPROPRIATE PEOPLE IN DECISION-MAKING PROCESS; MAKES TIMELY DECISIONS.
* PROFESSIONALISM - APPROACHES OTHERS IN A TACTFUL MANNER; REACTS WELL UNDER PRESSURE; TREATS OTHERS WITH RESPECT AND CONSIDERATION REGARDLESS OF THEIR STATUS OR POSITION; ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR OWN ACTIONS; FOLLOWS THROUGH ON COMMITMENTS.
* QUALITY - DEMONSTRATES ACCURACY AND THOROUGHNESS;; MONITORS OWN WORK TO ENSURE QUALITY.
* QUANTITY - MEETS PRODUCTIVITY STANDARDS; COMPLETES WORK IN TIMELY MANNER; STRIVES TO INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY; WORKS QUICKLY.
* SAFETY AND SECURITY - OBSERVES SAFETY AND SECURITY PROCEDURES; DETERMINES APPROPRIATE ACTION BEYOND GUIDELINES; REPORTS POTENTIALLY UNSAFE CONDITIONS; USES EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS PROPERLY.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* At least 6 months experience as an operator in any of the bakery areas as Rheon, scoring or packing
* MATH ABILITY - ABILITY TO CALCULATE FIGURES AND AMOUNTS SUCH AS PROPORTIONS, PERCENTAGES, DECIMALS, BAKER S PERCENT, AREA, CIRCUMFERENCE, DENSITY, AND VOLUME. ABILITY TO APPLY CONCEPTS OF BASIC ALGEBRA AND GEOMETRY.
* REASONING ABILITY - ABILITY TO APPLY COMMON SENSE UNDERSTANDING TO CARRY OUT INSTRUCTIONS FURNISHED IN WRITTEN, ORAL, OR DIAGRAM FORM. ABILITY TO DEAL WITH PROBLEMS INVOLVING SEVERAL CONCRETE VARIABLES IN STANDARDIZED SITUATIONS.
* Years of Experience
* Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Language Skills
* ABILITY TO READ AND INTERPRET DOCUMENTS SUCH AS SAFETY RULES, OPERATING AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS, AND PROCEDURE MANUALS. ABILITY TO WRITE ROUTINE REPORTS AND CORRESPONDENCE. ABILITY TO SPEAK EFFECTIVELY BEFORE GROUPS OF CUSTOMERS OR EMPLOYEES OF ORGANIZATION. BILINGUAL ENGLISH AND SPANISH PREFERABLE.
* ORAL COMMUNICATION - SPEAKS CLEARLY AND PERSUASIVELY IN POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE SITUATIONS; LISTENS AND GETS CLARIFICATION; PARTICIPATES IN MEETINGS.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
* Computer/Software Skills
* TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY, AN INDIVIDUAL SHOULD HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF WORD PROCESSING SOFTWARE; SPREADSHEET SOFTWARE; INVENTORY SOFTWARE; PROJECT MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE AND MANUFACTURING SOFTWARE.
* Travel requirements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); extreme cold (non-weather) and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and climb or balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.