This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
University of Chicago
JOB DESCRIPTIONCoding Quality Auditor - Remote Option
The University of Chicago Medicine
Selected by U.S. News & World Report as one of the Best Regional Hospitals, the University of Chicago Medicine is renowned as a leading academic medical center. Due to continued expansion and growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a DRG/APC Coordinator.
Coding Quality Auditor (DRG/APC COORDINATOR)
This professional will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and quality of coding assignments for all records requiring DRG and/or APC coding, including optimal and timely reimbursement. This individual will perform quality data reviews on inpatient and outpatient records to ensure that proper coding have been flowed and appropriate DRG or APC assignments have been made, and educate providers to discuss clinical questions with respect to appropriate assignment of ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT codes. In addition, this person will collaborate with the coding manager to orient newly hired coders, act as an educational resource for the coding staff, and review coding changes received from outside auditors or insurance denials, report findings, and assist in provision of documentation when appealing determinations. Opportunity to work remotely upon meeting internal goals as well as successful completion of probationary period.
* Four or more years of coding experience, of which two or more are directly related to PPS coding, DRG grouping, and APC payment.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field.
* Registered health information administrator (RHIA) or registered health information technician (RHIT) and certified coding specialist (CCS) credentials.
* The ability to prioritize and perform a variety of duties within a system featuring frequently changing assignments, priorities, and deadlines.
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to impart knowledge of procedures and techniques.
* Thorough working knowledge of 3M HDM Abstracting System and 3M Codefinder/DRGfinder, as well JCAHO standards for chart completion.
* Data-entry skills.
Please apply online at http://careers.uchospitals.edu/jobs/search/job/Chicago-IL/DRG-APC-Coordinator-RD31650/J3J12K62KTKPY0LWLYJ
Learn more about us at www.uchospitals.edu
The University of Chicago Medicine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, national origin, ancestry, age, parental status, disabled status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.