This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
SGT in support of the Volpe Center located in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA is looking for a Data Analyst that will support the Volpe National Transportation Systems Center performing research and analyses on transportation and logistics issues. Support will require general and specialized analytical techniques, data and business process research, expertise in database management systems, and understanding of the transportation industry (public and private), transportation operations, and/or transportation/logistics issues. Additionally, the Data Analyst will be expected to perform studies, evaluations, assessments, and documentation on transportation and logistics issues requiring techniques associated with the disciplines of economics, psychology, operations research, and mathematics/statistics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Implement tools, scripts, queries, or applications for accessing and analyzing data and associated metadata
* Profile data to measure quality and integrity of the data collected
* Develop systems specifications based on business rules, specifications, and process flows
* Develop business oriented data dictionaries
* Develop data flow, application, and ER diagrams and technical specifications
* Write technical specifications for ETL processes or components
* Design and develop training for end-users
Required Skills, Education, Certifications and Experience:
* Bachelor s degree in Statistics, Information Systems, Economics or related field
* 5 years of relevant experience with 3+ years of specialized transportation or logistics experience
* Experience using and querying RDBMS systems
* Excellent understanding of organization goals and objectives
* Highly self-motivated, keen attention to detail, ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment
* Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem solving abilities
* Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Exceptionally customer service oriented
* Good understanding of project management principles
* Experience with data modeling tools
* Statistical analysis skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required
* Experience with Oracle
* Experience working with R, STATA, and Python
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.