This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
JOB DESCRIPTIONMaintains detailed knowledge of assigned system(s) and is able to extract data and write reports as needed. Develops reports to generate metrics related to assigned functional areas to be reported as appropriate. Develops and maintains necessary reports for use by key stakeholders throughout the system. This includes, but is not limited to system and hospital administration, strategy, physician groups, recruitment, etc. Develops reports to regularly analyze data integrity to ensure that all information transmitted to internal electronic systems and groups is accurate, consistent and optimal. Establishes rules regarding data and educates staff on the same. As needed for specific assignment, calculates basic statistics and validate them (mean, median, percentiles, control limits and standard deviations, t-tests) using Excel or other tools. Produces charts, graphs, and other visual depictions of data to convey meaning accurately and compellingly. Develops and runs or programs the "push" of reports to regularly analyze data integrity to ensure that all information transmitted to external electronic systems and groups including, but not limited to, managed care organizations and accreditation and governmental bodies is accurate, consistent and optimal. Maximizes opportunity to "push" standard reports to key stakeholders and ways for key stakeholders to "pull" reports as appropriate. Manages training initiatives for new functionality and enhancements and for continuous improvement among system users. Triages system, data and process problems and questions effectively and escalates to the appropriate individuals. Actively participates on committees, task forces, and work groups as requested. Participates in system planning, implementation and testing. Maintains the confidentiality of all NMHC business-related medical staff information. Demonstrates the ability to effectively work in a busy atmosphere, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Recommends process improvements and efficiencies as appropriate. Participates in regular huddles and departmental key performance indicators. Demonstrates experience in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and is able to work independently. EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
* Bachelors degree.
* Demonstrated ability to manage the assigned or similar comprehensive data application.
* Skills in successfully working with relational databases and demonstrated skills in information systems including system data integrity.
* Demonstrates strong aptitude for understanding systems data flow, interfaces, quality control, and use of data dictionaries.
* Demonstrates outstanding attention to detail and meticulous accuracy in producing and validating reports.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
* May require ability to write in Crystal Report Writing.
* Process development, improvement and management experience.
* Project management experience.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills to ensure high quality of communication, documentation and ability to communicate with physicians, health care administration and other healthcare agencies.
* Possess organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills with attention to detail.
* Detail and process oriented.
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
* Two years system administration experience with a similar product.
* Experience with assigned system such as Morrissey MSOW and/or Apogee TheraDoc, MedMined, Midas, RL Solutions, Morrissey peer review, UHC core measures and Clinical Data Base, etc.