Data Analyst - Hadoop
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONHADOOP DATA ANALYST
We are looking for an insightful data analyst who can dive deep into our data to provide key insights into our application's usage. Your work will make a meaningful impact on our application. The role requires a keen attention to detail, making sure that accurate data is analyzed and presented.
The Analyst may participate in cross-functional teams to address business complex issues from an analysis perspective and consult with stakeholders to define detailed reporting requirements. You'll also need to be efficient and organized, with multiple, time-sensitive tasks competing for your time each day. You'll be working in both iWork and Excel, so experience with those tools is important.
* Fluency with Hadoop and Spark.
* Capable of creating attractive, concise presentations in Keynote.
* Solid knowledge in R, Perl, Python, Matlab, SAS, or other tools appropriate for large scale analysis of numerical and textual data.
* Working knowledge with relational databases and SQL
* Experience in facilitating business requirements.
* Experience with data mining, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms.
* Analytical capabilities to synthesize large amounts of data into a clear story and/or assess improvement opportunities.
This is a techno-functional role. Fluency w/ Hadoop is important. Spark is a hadoop based framework, that they may or may not have used, but it is easy to ramp up on if they have experience using Hadoop based frameworks.
4+ years of experience