Data Analyst 8/13/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY New York, NY
With banking background
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Strong knowledge of SQL/T-SQL
* Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
* Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
* Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
* Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
* Filter and "clean" data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
* Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
* Profile and understand large amounts of source data available, including structured, semi-structured or web activity data
* Work with data originators to fill in gaps in the data collected, and/or to adjust source-system data structures to facilitate analysis and integration with other company data.
* Ability to develop/troubleshoot/enhance complex Stored Procedures for data loadings/transformation.
* Strong Working knowledge of other enterprise reporting tools
* Regular and periodic maintenance/upgrade of data warehouse SQL server, BI tools like Datastage or SSIS / SSRS.
* Be the primary POC for all technical issues related to the Data warehouse solutions/Platform. Learn and support new tools on the job.
* Works with business leaders to develop detailed business requirements, creating functional design, gap analysis, technical design, and traceability matrices.
* Data management (Data flow, Data profiling, Definition/Meta data, Master Data Management, Reference Data, Data Quality, Data Lineage, Data Transformation, Modeling, Analysis, Reporting - All are not required)
* Perform other related duties as required.
* Nice to have - Knowledge and experience on statistical packages for analysing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
* Proven working experience as a data analyst
* Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook)
* Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
* Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
* Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
* Associate degreepreferred