Data Analyst 9/13/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Summary
Data Analyst, Customer Success & Student Outcomes
Analytics | Santa Clara, CA, United States
Many companies say they want to change the world. Very few actually build products and services that can quantifiably change the world. Chegg is changing the way students navigate their college experience.
The Organization: The Analytics team is central to Chegg supporting every business line and functional organization at the company. It is a team composed of data scientists and business analysts. The team influences strategy and tactics of Chegg s business roadmap; develops data science algorithms for purposes of analysis, matching, and discovery; and provides business level decision support models for purposes of forecasting, pricing, and optimization.
The Role: As a Data Analyst, you will work with a team of other data scientists and analysts that will focus on Chegg s Student Outcomes business unit. Your primary focus will be extending and adapting a network of decision-support tools and operational recommendations at Chegg built on data science approaches. You will analyze data on client schools, sales, and financial metrics, and provide recommendations for internal stakeholders, as well as develop internal tooling and analyses to support the internal performance of the Outcomes organization.
The Problem: The ideal candidate will help tackle the complex problems facing the Chegg Enrollment Marketing business as we help students and schools make better decisions. The ideal candidate can quickly absorb the very complex aspects of the business, help model student outcomes, and drive optimized business outcomes.
This position is based in Santa Clara, CA, and the role will be responsible for any and all of the following:
* Develop and define key business insights, and help with quick turnaround data analysis, to help optimize business operations and guide decision-makers and executives in the College Enrollment Marketing business.
* Perform analytics on Chegg high school data. Analyze our historical student data, generate projections, and develop business insights.
* Engage with leaders of engineering and product to drive the future strategy for the company grounded in analytics.
* Present and communicate broadly across the product groups and business units.
* Bachelor s degree in a quantitative field (Sciences, Engineering, Economics, etc.); master s degree in a quantitative field preferred but not required.
* 3-5 years of demonstrated success in data science or business analytics.
* Excellent in Excel and writing SQL queries for data manipulation.
* Some experience with languages such as Python and/or R.
* Salesforce experience a bonus.
* Passionate about producing high-quality analytics deliverables and communicating results to a broad audience.
* Self-motivated; independent, organized and proactive; highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable when working across multiple business units and product teams.
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1954