Data Architect 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB ROLE: DATA ARCHITECT
LOCATION: CHICAGO, IL
INTERVIEW: IN PERSON
Client will provide signing bonus+ Full time benefits along with salary.
Possesses end-to-end vision of how functional and/or technical requirements translate into one or more physical database(s).
Development and design lead across Sinai Health System who is primarily responsible for creating complex, cohesive database solutions for the entire health system.
He/she is responsible for determining structural database requirements for all custom database-driven solutions. Caregiver is also the internal expert on creating database solutions that integrate disparate data from multiple sources (both on-premises and external).
They will participate in the definition and proposal of new, custom systems and solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
The Data Architect is also responsible for creating developing entity relationship diagrams, data flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; creating supporting technical documentation regarding configuration. Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Broad architectural awareness of applications, not only understanding database aspects (e.g. metrics, db parameters etc.) but also with ability to triage issues in an end-to-end manner aware of how web, application and caching tiers impact database performance and availability
* Experience interacting with resolving database engine and system/infrastructure-related issues and providing guidance on systems architecture, data model, and SQL query reviews as needed.
* Experience with SQL replication technologies
* Hands-on development experience with Transact-SQL, including stored procedure development.
* Minimum 7+ years of experience in Database Development and Administration, database design and analysis using Microsoft tools and technologies such as: MSSQL Server, Visual Studio, PowerShell, Team Foundation Server, ASP.Net and C# .
* Experience with Database design for both transactional and business intelligence applications.
* Experience with SSIS components with a broad range of experience transforming data from CSV files, XML files, and common relational database sources and destinations.
* Experience with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configuration.
* Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
* SQL administration and support experience including backup and recovery, replication, clustering, performance tuning, and monitoring.
* Familiarity managing Application servers for data integration and reporting applications.
* Proven track record mastering manual database-related tasks and building automation wherever possible to replace those tasks.
* Experience with documentation of standard procedures, architecture, design and deployments
* Release management and deployment of code in different environments using source code control tools such as GitHub.
* Experience with Open Source and Big Data databases (relational and non-relational) MongoDB, CouchDB, HBase, Cassandra, etc
* Experience with Cloud database infrastructure.
* Involvement with MSSQL Server Community; membership in PASS, active in forums or newsgroups.
* Experience in the Agile Methodology.