Data Center Architect 9/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DATA CENTER ARCHITECT CHICAGO AREA
Datalink has a clear vision for growth, a penchant for successful execution, and a robust, comprehensive portfolio of data center services and solutions. We enable our customers to transform their data centers to become more efficient, manageable, and responsive to evolving business demands.
Datalink successfully delivers projects that provide business agility and cost efficiency while strengthening business and IT alignment. Doing so demands exceptional talent from our workforce. We support and nurture our talented team, working to expand their capabilities and provide an environment for individual growth. Whatever the role, ideas are encouraged and rewarded.
If you want to transform your career, fulfill your potential, and be acknowledged for your contributions, then Datalink is where you belong.
Our Data Center Architects are more broadly focused with potentially less technical depth, but more focus on the business outcomes of technology solutions. This position is for an Industry Expert who will assist Development and Operations Technical Services (DOTS) by validating an existing vision, and translating that vision into an approach to rapidly advance the Clients enterprise DevOps capabilities. The industry expert will evaluate the client s current capabilities, identify engineering solutions, and deliver a roadmap for the implementation of DevOps capabilities. The approach will consist of a strategic roadmap, an implementation approach/timeline, and specific milestones/deliverables that are socialized with the client.
* Define strategy level architectures (business domain target and capability architectures)
* Strategically provide business, data, application and technology consulting in pre-feasibility and feasibility discussions with IT team members and business partners
* Provide technical leadership and guidance to the IT teams for project level architectures and design work
* Review and approve project level architectures and designs for IT projects, and create these artifacts as needed on large, complex initiatives
* Provide business, application and technology consulting and leadership conducting analysis of business processes and technologies to determine and validate the stated and unstated needs of the business unit and enterprise, solving complex problems together
* OSS tools and development experience in one or more development languages.
* CM tools and development experience with one or more of Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
* Support delivery team technical leads and developers
* Strong verbal and written communication skills are required due to dynamic nature of discussions with other engineering and product teams
* Lead the technical review component of vendor software package evaluation projects
* Act as a liaison with other architects (security, infrastructure, data, etc.) and with delivery teams working primarily in an Agile manner
* Translate requirements into functional service designs and create service models along with supporting documentation
* Seek out and identify opportunities to reuse enterprise technology services
* Relentlessly ensure that service designs adhere to standards, principles and governance processes
* Provide service designs deliverables which can be estimated by the appropriate implementation teams and ensure designs and patterns are adhered to in the delivery channels
* Perform peer reviews of designs and solution proposals to ensure conformance to current practice and quality of work being generated
* All other duties as assigned / Adhere to Company Core Values
All positions require excellent verbal and written communication skills, between both the customer and all levels within the organization. Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs are also required.
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience of 4 years related experience in lieu of degree
* 5+ years in technical and sales architect roles
* 5+ years demonstrated quality success with Field Sales
* 3+ years in leading matrix teams, projects, and/or people management
* 3+ years in pre-sales with proven success in financial growth
* Possess ability to represent architectures in cross-functional working groups; Establish relationships with senior-level customer management (VP, CIO)
* Proven experience with the architecture, design, planning, and implementation of industry recognized DevOps solutions.
* Thorough understanding of DevOps best practices and tool chain solutions, integrations, development and operations management.
* Thorough understanding of leading edge Cloud based solutions.
* Ability to manage discussions at both technical and Sr Leadership levels within the organization.
* Able to travel, 40-60% on average
LOCATIONS: GREATER CHICAGOLAND AREA
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US without requiring sponsorship. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
All offers of employment with Datalink are contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
Datalink Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.