Data Center Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Madison Heights, MI
JOB DESCRIPTION* SME, Data Center Infrastructure Solutions
* 10+ years of experience
* Professional level certifications, CCSE, CCNP, CISSP
Data Center and Infrastructure Solutions Architect position will be a lead solution architect for all managed infrastructure, data center services and also for internal infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be able to apply infrastructure, security and networkarchitectural principles, along with industry best practices and standards to deliver innovative and cost effective solutions. Understand and analyze the business requirements to deliver complex, high quality solutions in response to a variety of business requirements. Define data center and infrastructure solutions roadmap to stay competitive.
* Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) and in-depth knowledge across multiple technical disciplines including but not limited to; network routing/switching, firewalls, IDS/IPS, Network Access Control
* Provides expert level Solutions Architecture support for all technology insertion and integration projects
* Use customer gathered technical information, requirements, and analysis to develop a best fit vendor agnostic solution, including project implementation plans and post implementation design documentation to meet information security requirements
* Utilize in-depth knowledge of networking, network security, virtualization, storage, server, data center services, and other leading-edge products and technology in conjunction with business skills to help customers visualize the solution and influence their decision
* Provide innovative approaches to customer challenges
* Serve/function as technical resource for departmental and companywide IT solutions
* Participate in pre-sales designs and presentations as needed
* Promote Company in a positive manner at professional organization meetings or trade shows
* Deliver presentations as needed at public-facing forums/shows
* Maintain current certifications and obtain new skills/certifications as necessary
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or related scientific or technical discipline. Master's degree is preferred.
* Required Knowledge:
* 10+ years of strong infrastructure solutions including security, networking experience in managed data center and global infrastructure services, including cloud based services - SaaS, IaaS, PaaS.
* Deep knowledge of industry trends and impacts on infrastructure design, architecture, planning and implementation
* Deep knowledge with Cloud technologies, solutions and service delivery.
* Expert knowledge with one or more network vendors: Cisco, Juniper, A10 Networks, Microsoft
* Aptitude for dealing with complex issue
* Ability to diagnose and resolve complex communication problems as well as convey details to variety of technical audiences
* Possess and maintain one or more professional level certification revolving around networking and security
* -Firewalls: Cisco, Checkpoint -IDS/IPS, Content Controls: Cisco, Juniper -NAC: Cisco
* Strong security knowledge of O/S Security - Windows, Linux
* Strong understanding of networking technologies (Layer 2 and Layer 3)
* Strong knowledge of storage (DELL, Pure storage)
* Preferred Knowledge:
* MSSP or IT Security Infrastructure consultant a plus
* Instructional delivery and/or instruction design experience
* Scripting language such a Perl, Python, PHP, RegEx, Ruby
* Checkpoint Certified Security Engineer (CCSE)
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)