Data Center Engineer 9/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients' IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com or follow us on Twitter @Presidio.
We are seeking a Data Center Engineer to support our client's data center storage, data protection and server virtualization needs. Data Center Engineer responsibilities include designing, configuring and troubleshooting data center technologies. The position will be responsible for working with clients to understand their business goals and requirements and making recommendations for solutions.
This position is based out of Orlando, FL and would involve up to 25% travel primarily in the state of Florida.
* As an engineer for customer projects, design, implementation, testing, and support for new deployments, expansions, environment refresh and upgrades. This includes troubleshooting customer environments.
* Creates technical deliverables including assessments, capacity planning, detailed design documents, implementation plans, configurations, and change orders.
* Assists other team members with deployment or best practices.
* Engages in continuous learning to stay abreast on new and emerging technologies.
* Obtain vendor-related certifications, to enhance professional development and our corporate standing with our vendors.
* EMC-IE for VNX, EMC-IE for RecoverPoint, or VCP6-DCV preferred
* Nimble, Nutanix, Simplivity, VxRail or Pure experience preferred
* Cisco UCS preferred
* Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure
* Automation Experience: Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Python, Docker
* Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent is preferred
* Prefer experience in professional services/consulting environment
Preferred Technical Requirements:
* Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and consultative skills
* Strong communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills
* Ability to perform tasks with minor supervision.
* Ability to demonstrate technical knowledge and consultative skills.
* Solid documentation experience with Visio, Word, Excel
* Ambitious and goal oriented, with initiative to work until job is complete
* Knowledge and experience of data center technology design, configuration, and troubleshooting, and usage of EMC, Cisco and VMware recommended best practices a must
* Site Recovery Manager
* VNX and VNXe
* RecoverPoint and RP for VMs
* Data Domain
* NetApp 7-Mode, CDOT
* Nexus Fibre Channel switching
Experience with vendor solutions from Nutanix, Simplivity, VxRail, HyperFlex, Pure, Nimble.
Preferred Experience: Other areas of knowledge and experience are also important. The candidate would benefit from experience in one or more of the following areas:
* Vblock Configuration and Implementation
* EMC VSPEX BLUE / VxRail
* vRealize Suite
* Horizon View
* Strong understanding of Ethernet Layer 2 as it pertains to IP Storage and Virtual Switching
* Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience with data center solution design and configuration within customer environments
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Experience with VMware technologies preferred
* Experience with EMC or HyperConverged technologies preferred
Presidio Networked Solutions LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here To Join] or call 212.652.5700 for assistance.