Data Center Infrastructure Support
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
vTech Solution Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: DATA CENTER INFRASTRUCTURE SUPPORT
LOCATION: Washington, DC
DURATION: 12 months (Strong Possibilities of Extension)
Operational and maintenance support for District Data Center facilities
The Office of the Chief Technology Officer seeks an experienced Data Center Infrastructure Support Technician.
The Data Center Infrastructure Support Technician will be a member of a cross-functional team of engineers and technicians supporting the District's various data centers' facilities and District programs.
The objective of this procurement is to assist with the operation, maintenance, and on-going customer support of the Data Center facilities and the programs/applications that are supported by them. The operation and maintenance includes, but not limited to, the power support systems, environmental conditioning systems, and the overall physical installation. Will work with managers and staff on ensuring the cleanliness of the data center, optimal organization of equipment racking, management of the power needs and connectivity, ensuring patch cables and power cords are properly and accurately run and neatly dressed. Assisting with the operational logistics, transportation and asset management of data center devices insuring optimal placement based on space, function, connectivity, power and cooling allocations.
THE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Monitor power, cooling/environmental, security and support systems.
* Monitor and operate data centers' critical functions and facilities to meet or exceed up-time service levels.
* Provide production support to the various teams including: Server, SAN, Main Frame, Network, Messaging, and Security.
* Provide "remote hands" assistance, as requested by support teams and customers.
* Respond physically to trouble situations within the local facility and conduct initial troubleshooting as may be required.
* Perform hardware installations including cabinets/racks, shelves, power strips, raids, cable management, and customer equipment (servers and network devices).
* Must be able to work independently and as part of a team; able to interact with colleagues at all levels of the organization
* Solid working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems including switchgear, backup diesel generators, large scale UPS installations
* Solid working knowledge of power distribution units, CRAC/CRAH systems, security monitoring, and fire detection/suppression systems.
* Hands-on experience with server and network interconnection
* Excellent mechanical and electrical skills with hands-on experience
* Understanding of NFPA/NEC documents, EIA/TIA standards, building codes and safety practices
* Demonstrated project management skills including managing outside contractors.
* Familiar with power distribution and management for data center production hardware and infrastructure support equipment.
* Familiarity and understanding of DC power distribution and wiring practices as employed by the telecommunications industry.
* Knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Office suite.
* Ability to use common hand and power tools correctly and safely; maintaining a safe and secure work area.
* Understanding of IP service implementation, routing and switching protocols
* Receive and provide constructive feedback from/to the group regarding the quality, integrity, safety, and efficiency of operations.
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in clear concise English with correct spelling and grammar.
* Ability to provide hospitable and enthusiastic assistance to customers, prospective customers, outside vendors, and visitors
* Familiarity with DCIM/BIM systems and ability to learn and maintain implemented system.
* Understanding of the physical function of a data center.
* Work experience in data centers and/or telephone central offices.
* Technology related schooling
* Must have a valid US driver's license
* Ability to drive to various District Data Centers and support facilities
* Must be able to lift at least 75lbs. (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfull
* Must be able to work various shifts, weekends, and/or on holidays
* * Must be able to participate in an on-call rotation.