Data Center Network Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Forest City, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: DATA CENTER NETWORK ENGINEER / DIRECT HIRE / FULL TIME / PERM
JOB LOCATION: FOREST CITY, NC
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME / PERM / DIRECT HIRE + BENEFITS
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
* The ideal candidate will have 9+ years' experience in data center network support
* Experience with Cisco and Juniper Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures including data center switching platforms.
* Strong working knowledge of routing and switching technologies and protocols .
* Demonstrated ability to analyze complex situations and utilize troubleshooting skills, systems and tools, and creative problem solving abilities under pressure
* Install large-scale production and corporate network infrastructure including routers, switches, console servers and optical transport equipment.
* Physically troubleshoot various network components on network infrastructure including routers, switches, console servers and optical transport equipment.
* Provide onsite network support and expertise for all teams on the local data center.
* Liaison for remote networking teams.
* Verify capacity, draining traffic, suppressing alarms before replacing; optics, line cards, sup cards.
* Troubleshooting network link/device/configuration issues, isolating the problem, fixing the problem.
* Creating new RMA requests through OEM vendors for both replacement devices, as well as obtaining technical assistance when troubleshooting devices.
* Tracking, maintaining and updating asset inventory of defective and replacement parts.
* Troubleshoot, tracing , looping links to locate the physical issue.
* Tracing and isolating cables through patch panels.
* Testing and cleaning fiber optic cables, and optical interfaces.
* Schedule and perform network maintenance, repair, and upgrade tasks as needed while limiting the impact on the production network
* Working with other teams such as facilities and DC Ops to enlist their assistance with items such as power and rack draining.
* There is a significant amount of lifting, walking, pushing carts, carrying heavy devices, and climbing ladders involved. We will also be using power tools for various tasks.
* Strong working knowledge of Linux OS, CLI navigation, Cisco IOS, Juniper OS and bash.