Data Center Support
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 3/21/2017
Elk Grove Village, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health. Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
This position will include multiple duties consisting primarily of general IT physical datacenter support activities and vendor escort duties for all hardware technologies located in the Chicago Co-Lo datacenter, with additional duties related to membership in the virtual Windows/x86/VMWare server operations support team which provides maintenance and support services across the ESI enterprise for Windows and VMWare servers located at data center sites and company locations. Technologies hosted in Chicago will include IBM mainframe hardware, EMC storage hardware, HP and IBM proprietary midrange hardware, HP and Cisco commodity server hardware, and Cisco networking hardware.
* Datacenter support activities include but are not limited to:
* Smart-Hands on the ground in remote datacenter located in Piscataway suburban area
* Assist in the physical installation and maintenance of datacenter hardware, including but not limited to mainframe, storage, server, network, and telephony systems
* Assist off-site technology platform owners as required
* Perform cross functional ticket triage and investigation work as required
* Assist with rollouts of system enhancements and upgrades as required
* Manage datacenter operational activities including physical inventory, shipping/receiving, placement of hardware in datacenter
* Coordination with Co-Lo service provider company
* Escort services for various vendor Support personnel which requires walking on the DC floor
* 24 hour on-call support for datacenter as needed.
* Windows/x86/VMWare support duties:
* Manage and maintain a large Windows/VMWare Environment via remote support tools
* Troubleshooting a wide range of x86 based hardware platforms
* Installation of Windows/VMWare Operating Systems
* Manage system performance, reliability and availability to service level agreements.
* Troubleshoot Windows Infrastructure including Active Directory as required
* Coordinate with internal and external business managers and groups to ensure systems meet expectations and requirements.
* Full support of Windows file/print servers
* Provide VM/Windows server engineering support to application owners
* Assist with data backups and restores as required
* Pharmacy and Call Center Level 3 Remote Operations Support
* Interaction with Service Center, Network Control Center and other business support areas for problem escalations, resolutions, reporting and coordination.
* 0 2 years of relevant work experience required
* Minimum 6 months direct experience preferred
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline preferred
* MCSE Preferred but not required
* Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills preferred
* Strong hardware, network, Data Center architecture, cabling knowledge preferred
* Ability to be on-call 24x7, and ability to travel periodically as required (
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.