Senior Data Center Systems Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job:
Flexera Software helps application producers and enterprises increase application usage and the value they derive from their software. Our next-generation software licensing, compliance and installation solutions are essential to ensure continuous licensing compliance, optimized software investments and to future-proof businesses against the risks and costs of constantly changing technology. Over 80,000 customers turn to Flexera Software as a trusted and neutral source for the knowledge and expertise we have gained as the marketplace leader for over 25 years and for the automation and intelligence designed into our products.
The Global Data Center Operations team will lead the technology strategy for all back-office data center technologies, such as SAN, backups, servers, and virtualization. The Data Center Systems Administrator will establish and manage against a roadmap for all data center technologies. The Data Center Systems Administrator will drive the technology discussions as part of a collaborative effort.
The Data Center Systems Administrator will make recommendations for new initiatives that either maximize our investments or look at alternatives to what we currently have today. These recommendations will be made with direct links to what business problems need solving. This role will manage the day-to-day data center operations, to include effective global processes and procedures and updated documentation stored in Confluence for consumption by the entire team
RESPONSIBILITIES / QUALIFICATIONS:
* Managing systems across all infrastructure technologies with tier 3 support capabilities for Windows, VMWare, Hyper-V server and virtualization technologies;
* Perform IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of data center solutions supporting company business processes and operations;
* Analyze, install, acquire, modify and support back-office systems, database and utilities software;
* Analyze, design, acquire and implement projects for LAN and/or WAN systems;
* Plan, design, acquire and implement telecommunications voice/wire systems, cabling, racking, and server installations;
* Contribute to the development, testing, evaluation or design of infrastructure architecture;
* Apply professional-level technical skill and judgment to provide technical support for data center operations;
* Install, configure and troubleshoot server and non-desktop computer hardware, software, systems and other resources in a data center or other centralized computer network setting;
* Perform capacity and resource planning, assessing risks and complete contingency planning;
* Maintain access control, data integrity and file system security for the data center environment;
* Monitor, track and record system performance and utilization metrics, as well as alerting on system faults;
* Recommend process, hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades, to improve computer/data center efficiency, performance and reliability;
* Lead development of information technology and infrastructure projects and solution improvements;
* Support data center hardware and software installation, configuration, operation and ongoing maintenance of the computer/data center;
* Assist with logging and documentation of equipment and processes;
* Define standards for QA, test, and dev environments and ensures standardization is followed;
* Plan, design and implement infrastructure solutions between multiple platforms and protocols;
* Maintain the technical infrastructure proactively through scheduled maintenance, patching and performance monitoring and management;
* Contribute to the development of IT operational policies and procedures;
* Maintaining site documentation;
* Recommends network improvements to meet changing business requirements and minimize single-points-of-failures;
* Proactively analyzes vulnerabilities in the network and provides a strategy for mitigation;
* Effectively uses existing troubleshooting tools to quickly resolve issues;
* Secures network systems by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access;
* Effectively manages vendors and holds them accountable to contractual SLA s and obligations;
* Manages maintenance routines for network infrastructure, to include research, analysis, and implementation of software patches or hardware changes to fix any network deficiencies or improve security;
Support of the following technologies, either directly or through managing a third-party for support:
* VLAN and IP Management
* Domain management
* External and internal certificate management
* Firewall management
* Intrusion detection
* Load balancer technologies
* Log management
* Networking technologies, network remote access, and VPN
* WAF technologies
* Manages incidents of all data center-related issues;
* IDS/IPS technologies
* While Flexera promotes work/life balance, the ideal candidate will maintain consistent work hours
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
* Excellent technical skills across a variety of technologies, including servers, operating systems, storage (including Nimble and Netapp), backup (Veritas Netbackup), networks, databases (MS SQL), web services, etc.
* 4+ years of experience in Systems Administration, with a proven track record of increasing responsibilities.
* Proven track record of taking an unstructured environment to a standardized environment.
* Experience with support of a global environment.
* Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
* Self-starter who continually develops and broadens their skill set
* Demonstrates technical proficiency through the pursuit and achievement of industry certifications
* Good understanding of industry and technology trends with experience introducing new technology seamlessly into an existing environment with minimum disruption.
* Technology vendor management experience with outsourced vendors.
* Communicate highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel;
* Provide technical leadership for incident management of all major corporate-wide issues;
* Flexibility and willingness to be on-call and available, including weekends, and participate in a team on-call rotation;
* Ability to coordinate with remote technical resources to fully utilize the skill set across the entire team;
* Work effectively without supervision.
* Works with other IT and software development teams to ensure technology process and support integration;
* Organization and documentation skills.
* Superior customer service skills.
* Knowledge of Linux, and Windows operating systems
* Experience with network diagnostic and monitoring tools, such as Nagios
Flexera Software is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status or status as a Vietnam-era or other veteran or any other legally protected class.