Data Center Technical Field Sales Rep - Seattle area
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/14/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Lenovo is a collection of highly skilled and talented people doing what we do best: producing the very best in world-class products: from personal computers and tablets, to cell phones, to Data Center servers, storage & networking. Everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working together in a friendly, dynamic work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be known as the trusted provider in what we deliver. We are looking to add fresh, talented individuals who are self-motivated and desire boundless opportunities to join us. Come share in the discoveries that are forged from our shared achievements at Lenovo as we drive the next generation of technology solutions within the Data Center.
The Data Center Technical Sales Specialist helps drive field sales for Lenovo's Data Center product line as part of the Lenovo field sales team. The candidate will create and nurture relationships at the customer level. Their skills should be exceptional in areas of:
* Establishing and maintaining trusted relationships within customer accounts across the spectrum of technical users and influencers to the C-suite
* Developing and delivering technical content across a broad customer audience
* Architecting solutions for the Data Center from the Lenovo portfolio of products and partnerships
* Driving and supporting sales objectives to meet or exceed bookings and revenue targets
* Acting as author for technical responses to proposal requests
* Driving configurations, demos, and interoperability issues to achieve client solution needs
* Managing success of customer proof of concept and proof of technology evaluations
* Representing Lenovo during trade shows, exhibitions and seminars
* Ensuring successful deployment of solutions once purchased and providing the highest level of customer experience in challenging post sales situations
Further, we are looking for strong individuals who:
* Can adeptly translate customer's Data Center needs and problems into technical solutions
* Demonstrate a business transformation and solution-selling approach
* Can understand and articulate Lenovo's vision, strategy and architectural approach to a wide variety of solution spaces: HyperConverged, HPC, BigData, Virtualization, Storage, etc.
* Work in partnership with regional sales teams and partners to drive this solutions business
* Work with partners, integrators and other go-to-market channels in territory to help plan and execute a Lenovo Data Center solutions sales plan
* Pursue new strategies and technologies, making their sales actions and personal credibility highly effective
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
* Minimum 5+ years' experience in a sales engineer role with a proven track record in leading and winning major server, networking, and/or storage business to Data Center clients
* Ability to travel within territory up to 60% of the time
* Excellent consultative selling skills: strong with written and verbal communications; strong with listening and adapting to client's needs plus polished and adaptive presentation skills
* Ability to drive technical collaboration across diverse customer and internal groups
* Knowledge and experience with server and desktop virtualization, software defined solutions, cloud, storage, business continuity, systems management, and data center operations
* Hands on experience with VMWare, Linux, HyperV, Windows Server, Nutanix, systems management products, and x86 systems
* Knowledge of OpenStack, SAP, HPC, SQL, Azure, Simplivity, DataCore a plus
* Knowledge and experience with x86 servers from IBM & Lenovo a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.