Data Center Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE: DATA CENTER TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: DALLAS, TX
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME ONLY
* In this position, you will work with and key service providers to drive operational readiness of our Data Center & IDF closets mainly within our primary data center but also within our other data centers and power plants with some travel.
* You will be required to terminate various types of cables cabinet's ladder racks and ensure standards, policies, procedures, deployments, and partner relationships are maintained and managed.
* This position will drive cable installation, delivery, decommissioning, costing, and operational management of our data center and IDF closets using various tools.
KEY ROLES provide metrics management for financial and analytical management reporting to Data Center Manager to help improve productivity and availability.
* Enforce compliance by ensuring and escorting third party installations adhere to standards and policies.
* Assist in the design and, development, consolidation and build-out of the Data Centers.
* Implement Data Center strategy and support existing production and non-production environment at each location.
* Maintain Data Center power and re-boot of equipment and cable testing documenting and installation when required.
* Adhere to Data Center SOP documentation and process, including emergency response, physical security management, and black startup procedures.
* Adhere to rack and cabinet standards and deployments using various tools (example DCIM, ImVision, Fluke tools, punch down , crimping tools, Visio, Word, Excel Documents, and future tools)
* Maintain ticket system and work tickets and report planned events on sites within standards using software tools deans appropriate (example Service Now, Maximo)
* Responsible for Data Centers stack & rack build-out services including, equipment EOL process, Will be required to keep inventory updated of all assets.
* Assist with Maintenance of DATA CENTER SOFTWARE/HARDWARE PACKAGES SUCH AS DCIM TOOL, IMVISION EXAQVISION ETC.
* Ensuring operational run book are adhered to and updated
* Ensure proper data center standards, policies, and procedures including safety standards are adhere to
* Must be able to lift and handle 50 pounds
* Climb ladders up to 16feet
* Ability to work closely with employees and deal with external vendors.
* Capable of working rotating shifts
* Maintain cleanliness and appearance of yourself and all facilities and work with remote vendors for access to all sites
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
* 5years Information Technologyexperience is a plus
* 2- 5years of experience, working in DATA CENTER RAISED FLOOR OR CABLING OF VARIOUS INFRASTRUCTURES WITH ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING: NETWORK, DISTRIBUTED SYSTEMS, CABLING BEST PRACTICES
* Travel to remote sites will be required
* Strong procedural documentation skills are required.
* Candidate should be fully competent in using various software tools packages such as Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, Word,
* High level of human relations/interpersonal skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Cabling certifications a plus