Data Center Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
IES Holdings, Inc.
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
The Data Center Technician will support both the Physical and Virtual Infrastructure of the organization and its facilities. The Data Center Tech will drive data center best practice and relative industry standards into working processes and procedures as/where applicable.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Directly support and complete all scheduled data center MACs (Moves/Adds/Changes)
* Hardware installation MACs, including device labeling, power connectivity and network cable connectivity
* Complete hardware support work orders involving: hardware and cabling MACs, certification, troubleshooting and break-fix
* Asset management, auditing and daily work log/ticket tracking
* Provide smart-hands assistance as required for multiple customers at various sites within specified SLA response times (on-call duties may apply)
* Maintain a safe and secure operating environment within the data center and report any violations to their immediate supervisor
* Detailed and thorough documentation and record keeping
* Maintain site security protocols, badging requirements and data protection procedures
* Ensure all media storage devices (Hard drives, thumb drives, CD/DVD s, etc.) are properly logged, secured and documented to ensure compliance with retention practices
* Strong working knowledge with server and network hardware/components, copper and fiber infrastructure installation and testing, data center productivity and support tools, applications and software (Windows, Linux, SSH, RDP, Putty, etc.), and data center infrastructure management (DCIM) related tools
* Coordinate equipment/material receiving, shipping and RMA processing support as/when required
* Provide vendor and security escorts as needed
* Provide general cleaning on raised floor, cabinet/rack exterior surfaces, work benches and other areas as needed on a regular basis
* Support standard and emergency operating procedures for data center.
* Provide status reporting regarding Data Center service availability, performance, capacity utilization as required
* Daily error log reporting and physical DC inspections for general health, power, cooling, hazards, etc.
* Coordinates equipment installation and delivery schedules in accordance with set project plans
* On-Call duties as needed
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s)
* Must promote the company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners
* 2+ years working in data centers, operations or related technical field
* General knowledge of server/network equipment and software support configurations
* Basic understanding of AC/DC power principles, data center power distribution and data center best practices
* Strong aptitude for independent working environment and high productivity rate
* Must be able to act as the company liaison for interface with customer representative(s)
* Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s)
* Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds
* Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones
* Excellent communication and customer relationship skills
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency
* (2) years minimum of data center experience
* Any server, OS, Network or data center certifications are a plus
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
* Must meet Company minimum driving standards
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES s 2015 fiscal year ending September 30, 2015, IES produced over $574 million in revenue and employed close to 3,000 employees at over 60 locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
* Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. \\"EEO is the Law\\" poster | \\"EEO is the Law\\" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify