This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Aliso Viejo, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
ROLE: DATA ENGINEER
LOCATION: ALISO VIEJO (ORANGE COUNTY), CA
* Model and design DATA SOLUTIONS / DATA PIPELINES IN SQL / NOSQL / HADOOP IN LAMBDA ARCHITECTURE / MESSAGING AND MICRO SERVICES based approaches
* Must hands-on experience for a minimum of 2 YEARS on HADOOP & associated APACHE OPEN SOURCE ECOSYSTEM (Hive, Pig, MapReduce, HBase, Sqoop, Spark et al)
* Must have 5 or more years of hands-on experience in coding in object-oriented programming languages like PYTHON AND JAVA - experience in SCALA programming is a big plus.
* Must have working knowledge of NOSQL data stores and KAFKA EXPERTISE IN CLOUD PROVISIONING, DEVELOPMENT AND DEPLOYMENT (AWS preferred) Experience in developing packages in continuous-integration and deployment (CI-CD) environment is a big plus Working knowledge of Services Layer - JAVA, GROOVY/GRAILS, RESTFUL, JSON, MAVEN, JENKINS, GIT, SUBVERSION, JIRA, ECLIPSE et al.
* working in an Agile/Scrum methodology a big plus
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Interact closely with members of both IT and the business Requirements, Design, Code Development, QA, Testing and Deployment Experience Thrive in a dynamic, technology savvy, high performance culture with minimal supervision
GENERIC MANAGERIAL SKILLS
Ability to wear multiple hats spanning the software-development-life-cycle across
Excellent Problem Solving Skills.
Passionate about usability and presentation of complex, high-volume analytics
Excellent oral and written communication skills