This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
DAT Solutions, a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: ROP), is seeking a Data Engineer to join our Data Sciences team in Beaverton, Oregon. DAT Solutions has a Data Sciences team who are charged with creating an environment at DAT where data is treated as a critical business asset. Data Engineers are part of the Data Science team and report to the Data Engineering Manager. Our Data Engineers are responsible for designing, building and maintaining solutions that address a wide variety of data objectives from traditional business intelligence to supply data needed to build sophisticated models which will become part of our products.
Our Data Engineers are responsible for:
* Working closely with product teams and data scientists to determining how to capture, persist and maintain data.
* Building distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale with ever diminishing time processing windows.
* Identifying opportunities in our data landscape where we need additional data and how we might store it
* Identifying and making recommendations on data storage solutions using alternate technologies and persistence solutions (cloud vs on-premise)
The role we are currently looking to fill will originally be focused on implementing production-grade data management applications to build out a data lake ecosystem built in Hadoop and Oracle. When solutions are implemented, based on business requirements, it will be the data engineer s responsibility to successfully migrate them to our operations group.
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
* At least 2 years experience in Java software development
* Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Batch preferred)
* Strong SQL skills
* Experience with Hadoop (preferred), Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL
* Development experience designing and implementing object-oriented systems with a heavydata focus
* Experience with cloud tools/infrastructure
* Experience with non-relational(NoSQL) and semi-structured data-stores: Mongo, Cassandra,HBASE or JSON
* Knowledge of Map Reduce
ABOUT DAT SOLUTIONS
DAT Solutions has supported the transportation industry for over 30 years. Today, DAT Solutions operates the industry's largest freight marketplace where transportation professionals meet and transact business in the spot market. This marketplace handles 68 million freight loads and trucks per year. In addition, DAT Solutions acts as a resource for transportation information and trends with its freight rate and analytical products.
* DAT Solutions Extended Network, the industry's largest freight marketplace
* High quality industry information analytics
* World-class staff devoted to developing and supporting our services and customers
* The network offers 68 million freight loads and truck per year
* DAT Solutions sets the industry standard for load boards, with unprecedented speed, efficiency and usability
For more information about DAT Solutions, visit www.DAT.com
DAT Solutions offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
DAT Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and r sum s are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. DAT Solutions will not consider unsolicited r sum s from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.