This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Open Systems Technologies
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Data Engineer will be responsible for designing and building data transformation pipelines. This role requires coordination with the data quality and web mining teams to design and manage the operations of data acquisition, ETL, data quality and analysis.
* Gather requirements and scope out project details with relevant stakeholders
* Integrate new data sources by developing, testing and deploying new data pipelines
* Coordinate with data quality team on business rule implementations and day-to-day operations
* Fix defects and implement enhancements in existing pipelines
* Support data analysts in building dashboards and visualization models
* Performance turning on the ETL and data analysis queries
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related engineering/technical fields
* Proficiency in ETL tools such as Lavastorm, Informatica and/or Pentaho
* Experience in data warehousing concepts (data modeling, architecture, performance tuning, etc)
* Experience in automating data acquisition strategies from external sources such as the cloud (AWS S3, Dropbox), API (json/xml),
* Experience with reporting and data visualization/analysis tools (such as Tableau)
* Outstanding SQL and PL/SQL scripting skills (PostgreSQL is a plus)
* Microsoft Excel guru (pivot tables, data analysis, charting, etc)
* Experience in Java and/or python is a plus (including data structures and design patterns)