This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client, a high growth big data company with over $50 million revenue, is expanding their team in Palo Alto, CA. They are seeking passionate Senior Software Engineers to join their engineering team, working closely with top publishers to build products. Compensation is aggressive including bonus and equity.
* Play with a variety of cutting edge software stacks to figure out which ones work best for our data processing (eg BigQuery, Kinesis, Kafka, Cassandra) and high traffic distributed web frameworks (eg Meteor, Ngnix, Node, React)
* Work intimately with Docker and Kubernetes to optimize our entire cloud platform at scale. This includes developing on Kubernetes source (golang)
* Ensure that all of our services run effectively by developing software stacks that are immediately scalable: think micro-services and functional programming
* Use best practices in terms of testing, monitoring, alerting, auto-recovery, design patterns, etc.
* Provide leadership for other engineers on how to make data driven decisions concerning technology and the robustness of that technology.
* Own the future of the architecture stack for ShareThis by making decisions around partners and technologies while getting buy in from all the engineers and keeping them productive.
* B.S. Computer Science preferred
* 5+ years experience building maintainable large-scale server applications
* Experience with RDBMS, Hadoop, or Cassandra at high-scale
* Experience in Kafka, Spark and Java script.
* Expert knowledge of data structures and their practical applications
* Expert knowledge using best practices in either Java or Python