This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT THE ROLE
Our client is seeking a Data Engineer to work on a variety of platforms including Netezza, Hadoop, and Tableau to solve their most significant data challenges and accomplish key strategic business initiatives. The ideal candidate is an effective communicator who likes to work in an extremely collaborative team environment creating tools/processes/patterns to handle performance/scale/availability. You'll have the opportunity to wear multiple hats, learn lots of new technologies, have direct access to customers, and have a direct impact on the business.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our client is committed to continuous improvement, both personal and professional. Agile practices and principles are used to continuously improve our team and ensure that valuable output while maintaining an excellent work/life balance is provided. The focus is on having a culture that is both fun and promotes learning so the team can grow and have a good time doing it.
A successful candidate typically has 5-8years of concentrated work experience across most Required and some PreferredExperience areas.
* Significant experience working with multi-terabyte data sets using relational databases (RDBMS), SQL, and No-SQL.
* Strong understanding of schedulers, workload management, availability, scalability and distributed data platforms.
* Experience developing large scale analytical databases/platforms/data warehouses and performing ETL across multiple operating systems (Microsoft and Linux).
* Experience in large-scale production software development using multiple languages on multiple platforms.
* Experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs.
* Experience in large-scale software development (Java/C# preferred).
* Experience with data modeling & schema design for data warehouses.
* Experience in data analysis.
* Deep understanding and experience with Hadoopinternals, Hive, Java, and Map/Reduce.
* Experience with IBM PureData Systems for Analytics (PDA)/Netezza.
* Experience with IBM Open Platform/BigInsights.