Data Entry Analyst II
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
The primary function of this position is to perform database administration on the Central Monitoring Center software with a focus on new account setup. In addition they are responsible for receiving communications through both email and phone calls for the purpose of adding or modifying existing account information. Minimal Tech Support and New Technology Support required.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
* Utilizing company approved documentation, input all pertinent information necessary for monitoring new accounts. May require contact with District offices/SRC and/or Customers to obtain missing information.
* Process Change Form requests making modifications to existing accounts.
* Ability to perform TrueInsight Operations.
* Provide application assistance, including maintaining database tables as they relate to Data Entry.
* Track and maintain Central Station dispatching permits and jurisdictional dispatch information.
* Provide limited technical assistance to Technicians, including troubleshooting communication equipment and identifying problem accounts.
* Identify trouble issues with contracts and/or accounts, and then work to a resolution.
* Work with Tyco IS daily on issues that may need to be addressed.
* Receive calls from District Office/SRC personnel and/or Customers assisting them with account related issues.
* Work on basic projects assigned within Business Unit when needed
* Ability to perform all duties in Answering Service I position as needed.
ANCILLARY POSITION FUNCTIONS:
* Performs other duties as directed.
The scope of this position extends to all employees within the Central Station, as well as SimplexGrinnell Service personnel in the field. It has a very significant exposure to SimplexGrinnell customers on a 24 hour 7 day a week basis, both with respect to the issue of life safety in properly handling all alarm incidents and in the area of quality customer service by dealing with monitoring subscribers and field personnel in a professional and expeditious manner.
This position has a direct and significant impact on the effectiveness, productivity and overall success of the Central Station.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES:
* High School Graduate or equivalent
* One year in a Central Station experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Have an excellent working knowledge of MASterMind monitoring software
* Exposure to Windows-based PC computing environment such as Excel, Word, etc.
* Computer keyboarding skills (at least 30-40 WPM)
* Ability to think outside the box mentality also desired.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Sitting for prolonged periods of time in office and meeting settings.
* Use of computer keyboard and attention to PC monitor often for prolonged periods.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.