Data File/ Interface Analyst Advanced/ DCE (Lincolnshire, IL; may consider other locations for highly qualified
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A DATA FILE/ INTERFACE ANALYST ADVANCED
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Defined Contribution Enterprise business group within Aon Hewitt, ideally in Lincolnshire, IL
YOUR IMPACT AS A DATA FILE/ INTERFACE ANALYST ADVANCED
The Data File/Interface Analyst Advanced is responsible for gathering and analyzing requirements and configuring the data elements needed to load data into the system or to deliver the data from the system to our clients or partners. The Data File/Interface Analyst documents clear analysis, test plans, and standard operating procedures which accurately reflect the technical capacities of the system and address the requirements of the client. The Data File/Interface Analyst also provides production support to ensure that the data is loaded or delivered on time and to address any potential issues.
* Understand data requirements and file/interface layouts required by internal/external clients and third parties and translate those requirements into file/interface specifications.
* Work with Lead Data File/Interface Analyst (Lead Programmer Analyst) and the Benefits Service Manager to clarify requirements.
* Design, update, and deliver unit, integration, regression, and acceptance test plans to ensure data integrity and reporting requirements meet customer needs.
* Review analysis and test plan documentation and evaluate the results of test execution.
* Assist with the deployment (or migration) of new files and/or system updates into the production environment.
* Support production environment (defects and trends) and execute workflow and defect management.
* Participate in external client requirements meetings; may be required to lead these discussions.
* Coordinate the work of aligned analysts, monitor task completion, and communicate team schedule and status across the global team
* Provide technical expertise with internal and external users regarding data files/interfaces
* May include coaching and development responsibilities for newer Data File/Interface Analysts.
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
* Understanding of technical concepts and system development life cycle (SDLC)
* Understanding of Health and Welfare benefits
* Experience creating functional and technical specifications and executing test plans preferred
* Understanding of different file formats and structures as well as understanding of data models
* Demonstrated ability to use and understand a relational database structure, preferably SQL Server
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong quality assurance and accuracy focus
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Able to work under minimal supervision
* 2-3 related work experience for Data File/Interface Analyst Advanced
FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
* Bachelor s Degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience.
* Bachelor s Degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Careers
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. http://www.aon.com.
JOB NUMBER: 2419919
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, IL, Lincolnshire