Data Integration Engineer 9/15/2016
StanCorp Financial Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
IT at The Standard
As a member of our IT team, you work side by side with the business, pursuing strategic opportunities for our company. It s an exciting time with new products, new distribution channels and new customer needs that are driving big investments in technology. At The Standard, we are large enough for big opportunities and small enough for big impact.
Green field development can be fun, sure, but do you have what it takes to support and improve existing systems and capabilities* Do you enjoy applying your skills, knowledge, creativity and energy to support and make critically needed changes to improve existing business capabilities* If your interest is piqued and you are up for this exciting challenge, then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a motivated software engineer who wants to join our fun and dynamic B2B team focused on improving and expanding The Standard s existing external customer data integration services and data warehouse capabilities.
What we need:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years of hands-on experience with ETL technologies supporting, developing and optimizing complex data extract, transformation and load solutions
* Integration experience with flat files (fixed-length and delimited) and data sources including Oracle/SQL Server databases
* Strong Oracle and SQL Server database knowledge and development experience
* Demonstrated Software engineering experience in a diverse technology stack
* Driven to understand data models from a technical solution and business use perspective
* Motivated to influence the technical discipline direction, standards and processes
* Demonstrated ability to design, develop and deliver the simplest solutions to complex challenges
* Ability to work and collaborate directly with internal business partners
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excited about working in a collaborative, dynamic and fast paced environment
* Proven experience to lead technical teams, mentor and oversee offshore developers
* Motivated self-learner
* Flexible and willing to take-on new challenges as assigned
* Experience with iterative, lean or agile development methodologies a plus.
Excited* Do want to make a direct positive difference* Then apply for this position and let s start talking!
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, please visit the URL: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf, clickhere.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.
Apply for this job onlineApply
E-mail this job postingRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS