Data Management Analyst / Consultant - EVAAS
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
You will provide SAS programming and data quality assurance to internal and external customers for the SAS EVAAS product and support data acquisitions, validation, and management of incoming data sources. SAS EVAAS uses longitudinal student, assessment and accountability data systems to provide value-added and other analyses to districts, schools and educators. These analyses can be used informally for school improvement as well as for more formal measures of accountability, evaluation and/or merit pay.
Your duties will include cleaning and preparing data for EVAAS analyses; assisting EVAAS customer support to define media for transferring data, loading data onto company systems for analyses using SAS software, and writing descriptions of data integrity concerns for customer dissemination; maintaining a proficiency in the use of Base SAS software, SAS/STAT procedures, and statistical add-on SAS products; and other duties as assigned
Daily Tasks, Demonstrated Aptitude and Skills:
* Demonstrates good use of the DATA step for programming tasks such as data manipulation, i.e. cleaning and editing, and data restructuring.
* Generates reports using the PROC TABULATE or PROC REPORT and the Output Delivery System (ODS).
* Performs routine duties such as writing new and/ or modifying existing programs, creating logic checks and maintaining program documentation.
Required Technical Skills, Education and Experience:
* Fundamental knowledge of at least one operating system (i.e., Unix, Windows).
* Bachelor's degree in statistics or a related quantitative field (Comp. Science, Analytics, Math, etc)
* 2 years of experience in data analysis or analytical consulting
* Experience with the SAS System/Solutions/Software
* Prior experience with (ETL) cleaning and organizing 'messy' data
Preferred Experience or Knowledge:
* SAS Certification
* Experience with SAS macro language
* Prior experience with large data sets
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn