Data Management Consultant 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for DATA MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT for our client in HOUSTON, TX
JOB TITLE: DATA MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT
JOB LOCATION: HOUSTON, TX
JOB TYPE: CONTRACT - 12 MONTHS / CONTRACT TO HIRE / DIRECT HIRE
"US CITIZENS AND THOSE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO SPONSOR H1B CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME."
* Consulting and execution for all data aspects , including data modeling, data profiling, conversion, and data cleansing as business projects arise.
* Platform and data type subject to change
* Scripting/code support of ER Studio and Work Load Balance Tool
* Provide technical mentoring within team; receive and acceptance of other team member mentoring
* API development for source databases, develop short-term end-user solutions to manage data and data quality Further description: Interaction with business to advise on solutions to correct data issues and maintain data quality on an on-going basis.
* Work closely with softwaredevelopers to build databases that are practical for coding while maintaining the highest data integrity.
* Work closely with the data architects and integration architects to identify the appropriate data sources for projects so that new applications can integrate well with others within client.
* Assist team members to help complete their work and share with each other technical solutions
* T-SQL, PL SQL Scripting, basic coding
* Data design (modeling) and profiling
* Ability to manage and deliver multiple tasks
* Active listening, effective change management, flexible
* Conduct data audits on SQL, Oracle, SAP
* Build access front ends develop complex Tableau visualizations
* Ability to build schemas, views, and analytic models - Leveraging SQL, VBScript, etc.
* Data modeling including the use of our primary data modeling tool, ER Studio
* Proficient at data manipulation using tools such as SSMS, SSIS, TOAD, Access, Excel, Info Steward, and Data Services
* Proficient in VBA
* Proficient with Word and PowerPoint
* Ability to work with many different personalities
* A customer focus that seeks solutions for issues and is not confined by what has been done in the past (out-of-the-box thinking)
* Ready to support the mission in all ways of "further improve the quality of data in business workflows and leadership decisions