This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/29/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTitle: Data Modeler
Location: Edison, NJ
Duration : Full Time
* Solid knowledge of Data Warehousing principles and implementation methodologies
* Experience of designing and working with relational and dimension models and complex record layouts, both structured and unstructured
* Working knowledge in technical aspects of business intelligence including data modeling, relational database management systems, ETL, metadata / data management, and OLTP tools
* Solid analytical, problem solving and strategic thinking skills
* Proven experience as a quick learner and effective change agent
* Self-starting attitude and self-leading on problem solving.
* Consistent high attention to detail
* Has expert knowledge of applications systems analysis techniques.
* Able to rapidly learn technical/business techniques and disciplines of special value to the systems supported.
* Solid understanding of computers, programming, database tools/software, and Microsoft productivity applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Access)
* Moderate working knowledge of an ETL tool (Data Stage, etc) a plus
* Working experience with relational database, such as Oracle, SQLServer is required
* SAP Business Objects experience a plus
* Relational databases, filtering, aggregating data, joins
* Solid SQL skill and be able analysis the data and issue root cause, as well as create complex analytical procedures
* Source to target data mapping
* Ability to trace where data comes from
* Analysis of source systems that feed the data warehouse
* Source to target data mapping (application to data warehouse; data warehouse to data marts; data marts to reports)
* Work in collaboration with various teams to develop target models
* Develop transformation rules based on profiling results
* Developing user stories based on business and system requirements
* Support and improve business process, data management and governance standards
* Assist in the identification and assessment of potential new data sources
* Participate in meta data documentation, data profiling, and monitoring
* Strong English and technical documentation writing skill is required
* Perform impact and root cause analysis
* Drill into business processes, data quality, data relationships, and data flows to gain insight and understanding
* Partner with other team members to translate business requirements into technical specifications and ensure a smooth hand off to developers and quality assurance analysts
* Utilize existing artifact templates to capture requirements and proactively identify opportunities for improvements to existing standards or additional artifacts that will ensure high quality contents and delivery
* When applicable, create test conditions and test scripts as a basis for user acceptance testing
* Identify risks or barriers early in projects that would impede successful completion of tasks and make recommendations for approaches/solutions
* Promote a culture that values attention to detail, repeatability, traceability, in depth questioning and communication