This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Staffing & Recruiting Company
Data Modeler with primary focus of this position to provide technology leadership, architectural guidance, technological recommendations and reusable solutions that support the development and implementation of DW/BI solutions in Business Insurance area.
Candidate must be experienced working as data modeler for ETL based projects involving Ab Initio.
Must have expertise in the following:-
* 8+ years experience in IT with 6+ years in depth experience in relational design (E-R)/star schema/dimensional modeling
* Must have 3-4 years of hands on experience on ERWin
* Experience with modeling the overall data architecture, e.g., Data Integration/ETL process,
* ODS, Data Marts design
* Prepare process models in accordance with the guidelines/conventions of designated process modeling methodology, includes creation and maintenance of process descriptions and glossary of terms.
* Facilitate the exposure of process data from functional experts and the user community
* Provide mapping between existing processes and proposed replacement processes.
* Design and normalize & denormalized logical data model
* Develop and maintain the physical data model
* Facilitate the discovery of entities, attributes, relationships, and business rules from the functional experts and the user community.
* Prepare fully refined data models in accordance with the guidelines/conventions of Integration DEFinition (IDEF) or equivalent methodology.
* Develop and manage data models and associated metadata for the enterprise.
* Experience on DB2, Teradata starting from source system, warehouse, mart and reports
* Good ETL Concepts and hands-on experience on Ab Initio ETL Tool (Basic)
* 4-year degree in a related field (or equivalent experience)
* Experience working within a highly-matrixed organization
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Hands on experience on data modeling with expertise on ERWin