Data Network Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDLA Piper is a leading global business law firm. We are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best people across our practice and business service groups. We are looking for collaborative, results orientation people who enjoy working in a fast paced environment and have exceptional problem solving skills.
If you are a highly talented Data Network Supervisor interested in supporting the IT department through a broad range of technology projects, we want to hear from you!
This position is located in Baltimore - Mt. Washington office.
* Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of college degree.
* Minimum of six years hands-on experience with data networking communications technologies with at least two years in a team or technical lead or supervisory role in an IT environment.
* Must have detailed technical knowledge of Cisco based products with experience in router configuration, excellent working knowledge of LAN/WAN, VoIP, TCP/IP, SIP, PSTN, MPLS, 802.11 etc technologies.
* Strong project management skills required to manage the daily operations, special projects and programs implementations in a law firm setting.
* Must be an effective team leader with strong attention to detail.
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent communication and management skills necessary to direct a technical team and achieve results.
What will your day to day look like
* Provides leadership, direction and supervision to staff. Coordinates work and tracks the progress of engineers and vendors in the resolution of technical problems.
* Responsible for supervising the administration and support activities for the enterprise's data networks (wired and wireless). HAS high level understanding of data networkarchitecture. Accountable for continued maintenance of such systems to improve efficiencies.
* Defines and monitors multiple projects and/or tasks, and provides technical and administrative supervision.
* Tests and validates the business continuity, retention and disaster recovery plans for systems that fall within their area of responsibility.
* Maintains positive and productive vendor relationships. Reviews vendor contracts and agreements. Approves terms and rates within the guidelines set forth in firm policies and practices.
* Monitors budget expenses and variances.
* Approves PTO requests and timesheets for staff. Conducts performance review for assigned staff.
* Provides technical consultation and support to users and other IT staff. Ensures that staff and network resources are being used as efficiently as possible.
* Ensures that capacity, performance, and availability for infrastructure meet business objectives.
* Plans and manages the support of new technologies.
* Provides guidance and direction to other professionals, acts in a consulting and/or advisory capacity; coordinates resolution of high complex problems and tasks, and possesses ability to meet and operate under deadlines.
Your responsibilities will include the oversight of design, security and implementation of data and communications solutions supporting core organizational functions, and assures their high availability. To provide leadership from design to project planning level; responsible for design and implementation of long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for implementing and maintaining firms networking systems; provides guidance to members of the team.
About DLA Piper
We offer exceptional career opportunities in an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and, we believe, truly different from our competitors. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefits package and a dynamic and diverse environment in which they can build a long and fruitful career and reaps the rewards of their success.